“friendly service”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Pictou, Canada
“friendly service”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

friendly service, good food, decent prices, nice portions and variety, great atmosphere. The food was well presented. I only have two small criticisms, first I thought the food could have been hotter when it got to the table and secondly the coffee is terrible, very weak and tastes like it's been sitting a while.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank luckylainie

Fall River, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Caesar salad is amazing!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Friday night and my husband and I wanted to eat out a reasonably priced, comfortable restaurant. Through our Internet search Vines kept coming up with positive reviews so we decided to drive 30 minutes to get there. We were at Vines for lunch 5 years ago and were pleasantly surprised to see the dining area had expanded and was no longer dark and dingy but open and lighted beautifully. Our waitress Emily was without a doubt the best waitress we have had in years. We eat out about once every week so this accolade is made with experience. A summary of our meal: a very limited wine list but a good selection of NS wines for such a small list; award winning risotto balls -good but I would try another app on our return; Caesar salad- the best and will go back just for the salad!; Veal is ok but is heavily sauced and the potato side was amazing; haddock - had to be returned because it was not to my liking. Emily and staff handled this very well and offered another dish to replace so chose the Ravioli. It was very very good. So in summary, great staff, very attentive service, and on return will stick with pasta dishes and Caesar salad and perhaps try the bruschetta Can hardly wait and hope Emily is working!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Janice R
Dartmouth, Canada
“Yummy Food”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We went to a taster's night and we were pleasanly surprised. We had a taste of various appretizers , main courses and a desert all nicely served. It was all delicious. We would definately reccomend.

2 Thank wougie
Halifax Region, Canada
“Well hidden secret!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had never gone to this restaurant before, and when I got there the outside made me question my decision to go there. However, the inside is really nice and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful while the food is simply amazing!!

1 Thank Christine B
Halifax, Canada
“A Father's Day Tradition”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Every Father's Day (the last 2 years) we hit up this Dartmouth gem for the breakfast brunch buffet. The service is very friendly and helpful, and the food quality/selection is tops ! This is my restaurant of choice for affordable breakfast brunch buffet ($25 pp).

1 Thank Shawn H