“The Mic Mac Tavern is an "institution" where everyone goes; what else is necessary to say!”

Mic Mac Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 281 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to the Mic Mac Tavern for over 40 years and will continue as long as I'm still eating!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We eat here often because the food selection is good, prices are good and the meals are always delicious. Steaks and specials are great. Seating can be an issue sometimes because it is always busy. They are building a new place next door that will open end of Feb 2014 so this should improve the issue of seating

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went to the Micmac on Friday for dinner. The place was packed but we found a table without waiting. In a timely manner, our server took our order with a handheld device and drinks our were served. The foods arrived after about 15 minutes and we was blown away with the portion sizes. My hot roast beef sandwich was huge (10 oz of beef) with mashed and veggies and it was exceptional...I tried my best to finish it but to no avail. My wife had the prime rib which was cooked to perfection and was easily enough for two.

I must say the wait staff were top-of-the-line as they ensured everyone needs and wants were met by being attentive without crowding you... We will be back again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been hearing about "The Mic Mac" for awhile now and finally got to enjoy a meal there having just recently moved to Nova Scotia. Where can you find a steak and lobster dinner for $21.00??!! It was delicious! The steak was wrapped in bacon and grilled to perfection. The lobster was about a 1 pounder and cooked perfectly! Wish I had room for dessert! My dining companions had steak with grilled shrimp for $16.00. Both enjoyed their meals as well. The other items on the menu looked good too so I'll definitely be back! Marcus was our waiter and he was wonderful - friendly, attentive and so polite!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The service and food is great. Looking forward to their new location. I was with four other couples and shared a great meal with good company. The girls serving our table were friendly and pleasant to deal with. I love a great steak dinner and very fussy, this was done to perfection.