“Just typical pub food”

Mic Mac Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 263 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Halifax, Canada
“Just typical pub food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am surprised this place is ranked so high.

When we first went in I was really taken aback by the tacky decor, it was dark dingy and dirty.
This place is extremely popular though because it was packed.
The service wax not great but mind you it was packed.

I would definitely never go back... the food was just ok. Nothing special

• Visited December 2012

Halifax, Canada
“Huge portions”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Staff was really friendly and helpful. Followed the recommended steak but with I hadn't. was not medium, blood all over my plate. Ruined my appetite. No apology. Waitress just said that's how it's cooked, she was nice about it but why ask how I wanted it cooked if it's only cooked rare. Won't be returning.

• Visited July 2012
New Brunswick
“A good time, but nothing Spectacular”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went here with my sister and aunt/uncle. This was my first time at the place as I am not rom the area.

I enjoyed the place and the atmosphere. The price was reasonable, service fast and friendly, meal sizes large, and a good variety on the menu.

That being said I did not find the food anything more than average tavern food in terms of taste of quality. I wuld certaintly visit the place again and reccomend it - but I don't feel that lived up to the hype.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank ATHart
Dartmouth, Canada
“Lobster and steak combo”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great food! The steak was done perfectly and the lobster was a great New Years treat. Excellent value and great taste. Now if only it wasn't so crowded!

Visited January 2013
Eastern Passage, Canada
“Breakfast”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We frequent the Mic Mac Tavern for brunch, my husband always has the steak and eggs and he comments that it really is the best.

Visited June 2012