“Reliably good.”

Steak & Stein Family Restaurnt
Ranked #51 of 262 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Reliably good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

The food never disappoints at the Steak and Stein. Good choices of different specials each day are always a respectable dinner and the pasta dishes an excellent choice as well. They offer steaks traditionally done or in Derby style. Either way you won't regret having eaten here.

Visited July 2012

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
“wonderful family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have been going back there year after year when we visit the metro area and the food, service and prices have been consistently good. One time we came in before our long drive home and
they were 10 minutes from closing (we didn't know at the time). They served us like they were willing to stay all night! My grandson had just finished dental surgery and they doted on him like he was a prince, especially when it was time for the ice cream!!!

• Visited November 2011
HRM nova scotia
“A local landmark”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Steak & Stein has been a well known local restauraunt for many years. It's reasonable prices and long time presence has kept it going but if you are looking for something exceptional, you won't find it here. We have eaten there several times over the past 25+ years due to convenience and location, there has been a common theme of slow service, meager portions, and not a single attribute that makes it stand out as anything but simply ordinary.

Visited June 2012
Nova Scotia
“Good value, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Not high end, but worth a stop if you are hungry and don't want to break the bank.

Visited May 2012
Halifax, Canada
“Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Lovely atmosphere... Servers were very attentive and orders arrived shortly after they had been taken. Food was delicious. I don't know about everyone else's because I was too busy gorging myself on the culinary work of art placed in front of me. I had to ask the server if she'd got the right order/bill as I could not believe the price charged for the amount/quality of the food I was served. I offered to pay more and was greeted with a friendly chuckle. I was spoiled rotten and heartily enjoyed every morsel of it! Will be returning with my family in tow in the near future.

Visited May 2012