“Had a nice breakfast”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: East Dartmouth
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a very nice breakfast at Sams on Tacoma drive yesterday morning. It was inexpensive and satisfying

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Used to go regularly for fish chips, and since they have expanded.....restaurants have a tendency to produce very greecy fish and chips....the chips and fish are fried in the same oil and you can taste the oil....which one shouldn't be tasting. There are much better places for fish and chips.

2  Thank SparkieCanada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was tempted to give this a 1. You get really good sized portions of really greasy food. The last time I was there was the last time I would be there ever. There was a smell of rotted fish throughout that made me sick. I coudln't even finish my meal.

1  Thank Carol W
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been going to Sams since it opened. We never had bad customer service until recently. I would say the past year has been the worst. They seat you right away, but that's because you're in there face when you enter the store. Tonight it took us 10 minutes to get our drinks... We got our nachos before our drinks...didn't make sense. The place was a ghost town. Our food took another 15-20 minutes and then she slammed down our refills. It was obvious she was in a bad mood...did I cause it? I don't know. A different waitress took our empty plates and we didn't get our check for another 5 minutes. When we went to pay there was no one at the counter! Like I don't know what they do there but there were lots of tables that needed to be cleaned as well. This was definitely one if the worst visits there. And the only reason why we went was because steak and stine was lined up too bad.

2  Thank Laangiela
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We are regulars at Sam,s. The downtown Dartmouth one is our favourite; it is rough and tumble, the food is plentiful and beautifully cooked and the staff are wonderful.

The new location on Baker drive is posher but is the same good value