“Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rocco's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Rocco's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Dartmouth Centre
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have been here several times over the last few months, and it keeps going downhill. Service is very slow, food is only mediocre, and its way over priced. After a long flight back from Florida, I was in the mood for a good Caesar salad. I was very offended when I asked if they had any smaller portions for children, as I had my 6 year old daughter with me. She said they could do any pasta but preferably in a penne so she wouldn't make a mess. She is 6, not 2. We travel frequently so she has dining room etiquette. Strike 1 waitress. Mussels that visit were slightly gamey, and not good with the wine and tomatoe sauce. I then asked for a specialty coffee, in which she looked at me and said, "you know that they are "xx dollars, right?" (I can't remember the exact price, believe it was over 10). Strike 2 waitress. If I ordered one I want it. I understand I'm not in my best dining attire as I just got off a plane - but don't be so judgemental.
I've since gone back despite my recommendations to friends and family and still been disappointed. Haddock flavourless, rice pilaf microwaved too long that its burnt at the top and tastes like uncle bens 2 minute flavoured rice in a bag. And finally, the best part of this place- the Caesar salad. Way too much tobasco sauce last time. I like spice from the garlic- not the hot sauce. It's way over priced for what it is. Service isn't very friendly what so ever and food isn't even good. Hopefully, I won't be forced there by another event again.

• Visited August 2013

“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went for the first time tonight for our anniversary. Our food was fabulous and the service was great. The ceasar salad was the best I have ever had. Bruschetta, scallops and Coquille St. Jack was excellent. They even gave us a glass of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. Will definitely go back again.

• Visited July 2013
Dartmouth, Canada
“Caesar Salad to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I really enjoy this restaurant. Excellent service, good to great food, and Caesar Salad made from scratch right at your table (second to none, in my opinion), custom made to suit your taste. I have been to their new location twice so far, and it is one of our favorite restaurants. If you like Caesar Salad, you really do have to experience it here.

Visited February 2013
Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Laughable!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This place had the WORST service, and the food was the equivalent of upscale Chef Boyardee. Save yourself some valuable money and go to McDonald's instead. You'll feel like you were waited on, and received exactly what you paid for. I've been to plenty of upscale restaurants in the US and Canada, and this place didn't even come close to hitting the ballpark. If Russell Lake is that starving for fine dining, they're better off driving a bit further to get a good dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank liznovascotia
Halifax, Canada
“So disappointing - and neither of us got what we actually ordered”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had lunch here yesterday with a colleague, who had been before and recommended it. I found the lunch options quite limiting, as I expected there would be a smaller portion size option for lunch. However, I was happy to try the chicken parmesan. And he ordered the scallops carbonera - but specifically asked that there be no onions in it. The waitress assured him this would not be a problem. It seemed to take a long time for our meals to come out, and what actually came was: scallops carbonera filled with onions and something that I was sure was not chicken parmesan... We were running out of time, so I ate it anyway, despite the chicken being overcooked and drowned in garlicy butter, covered in cream, picking off the heaps of mushrooms (which I cannot stand). I discovered later by looking at the menu online when I came home that they had given me Chicken Bongoustaio - a dish I did not order and did not enjoy at all. I do not remember a time being so disappointed with a restaurant experience, and do not understand how this could have all gone so wrong - it wasn't even that busy...?

• Visited March 2013