“Pretty good food and good service”
Review of The Wooden Monkey

The Wooden Monkey
Ranked #12 of 277 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Pizza, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located on the Dartmouth waterfront. Don't underestimate the power and potential of Nova Scotia on a world stage. We are a casual spot that cares about what they feed their customers. Please don't troll, if you have a beef (vegan/gluten free or not) please contact us via our website Large/private parties we can handle, please contact us in advance, however at our core, we are a 1st come 1st serve kinda place. We will take good care of you and the people you care about.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Last night a few friends and I went for dinner and drinks. I found the service very good. The waiter was friendly and the kitchen was quick with the food. I had the seitan donair and it was really tasty. The fries were very hard though but I ate them anyway because I'm not really that picky. They could have been cooked less though and not so hard. I had some of my friends nachos and they were really good too. I'd go back. If the weather had been good we would have sat outside but it was chilly and had to sit in but the view of halifax from the restaurant is nice.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

A great menu with lots of local produce supporting local businesses. Many natural ingredients used with no fried food to be seen. An artistically decorated dinning area great view of the bay.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

If you are looking for a unique experience then try the Wooden Monkey. For a first visit, I was impressed. Our server was always prompt and very courteous. We were seated where we could enjoy a beautiful view of the harbor. There were plenty of healthy choices on the menu, local and organically grown. Their menus even have the notations by each selection for vegan or gluten-free. I had the monkey pita which contained the most tender chicken and was absolutely delicious. There is also a location in Halifax.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Why sit in Halifax looking at the gloomy refineries across the harbour when you can enjoy a beautiful view of Halifax instead! The food is unique and tasty. I was just here recently for the first time and was impressed with the friendly, attentive service. We started with nachos which were excellent. For mains we had a burger and 'roasties'. The roasties were delicious but we did find the burger and bun a tad dry. The house white wine is L'Acadie Pinot Grigio by Jost and was wonderful. Definitely a place to visit again! So many wonderful items on the menu to try!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Wooden Monkey is always a nice treat. I have tried numerous items on the menu. My favourites are the Stew, the Burger and the Blueberry Pie. The atmosphere is very nice, a bit rustic and overlooking the Halifax Harbour. My only complaint is the potatoes that come with the Brunch menu - overdone, somewhat burnt.
The menu incorporates local food, provides options of vegan and gluten free.