“John's Lunch great service, excellent food”
Review of John's Lunch

John's Lunch
Ranked #2 of 266 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: We are a small family-run diner specializing in fresh deep-fried seafood, diner meals and pizza. Our fish has won "Best In Canada" by Canadian Living Magazine, 'Gold Awards' from The Coast Halifax for Best Seafood, Best Fish and Best Diner as well as multiple tripadvisor "Certificate of Excellence" awards. Come visit the one and only "JOHN'S LUNCH" and be a part of our family!
Dartmouth, Canada
“John's Lunch great service, excellent food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

after a disappointing attempt to try Boondocks in Eastern Passage, we went to a familiar place that always provides great service and excellent fish & chips. What a treat! It was busy but that didn't make any difference... service with a smile and great food too!

• Korean first
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
“Went back”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had the seafood platter.Piece of fish,scallops,shrimp & lots of clams.It was all very enjoyable.The fish & fries were great.Didn't hit it s good the first time but I guess that can happen.Would recommend John's lunch to anyone

• Visited August 2013
“after reading reviews, I have to say I was disappointed.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

fish with not fresh. In fact it was pre cooked and refried. Which made it very greasy. Fries were not fresh cut, they were frozen. This makes no sense to me.this is the fourth place I've had fish and chips in the area.so far it ranks 4th

North Bay, Canada
“Great fish, not so great fries”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Prior to our trip to the east cost we did some reading on the best places to eat fish and chips. John's Lunch was highly recommended. I was very pleased with the fish, it was fresh, tasty, and the portion sizes were adequate. The fish was not greasy and was delicious. What surprised me, was that the fries were frozen and the tartar sauce was not homemade. This was disappointing although the great fish made up for it. Overall, I would return to John's Lunch but would recommend homemade fries to complete the meal.

1 Thank nbay43335
Halifax, Canada
“John's is still the best”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

It has been awhile since we had visited John's but it was as good as always. The portion of clams was larger than the fries and fresh along with great flavour. I had read a review saying they had soggy clams in the end, I purposely left 4 clams on my plate until I had finished everything else and they were crispy as the first one. I also live in an area where a new fish and chip place recently opened and claims had been made they were as good as John's, I tried them twice and John's still rules!! We will return!!