Fan's Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have been searching Halifax for a good dim sum since China Classic closed. We have tried the other recommend ones, however we felt they didn't measure up, until now. The food was excellent and we will be back.

1  Thank Captbillyman

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have gone to Fans 3 or 4 times over the past couple of years and have not been disappointed. I went in the past week for their lunch specials and had the spicy chicken soup. The quality and portion size were great value for the price of $10. Service was very good and spent time talking to the waiter about several of the other menu items, who provided truthful opinion on each.

I have read the other reviews and this has not been the experiences I have had at Fans.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My first visit to Fan's was by request of a friend. It was fantastic and I couldn't wait to visit it again. The next visit was less then the first and the third visit was less than the second. It was OK, as Chinese food goes, but the excitement factor is gone.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The restaurant was reccommended by the Coastal Inn Hotel, but except for it being close to the hotel it didn't have much to offer. The restaurant is big and the food not tasty. The egg roll I ordered was sticky and I returned it, but it remained in the bill.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The last two visits to Fan's were not favourable. Fan's used to have superior service and the customer was well treated. It seems that this has changed. The food is not consistantly good anymore. I ordered spring rolls which were okay. The dishes that I ordered had too much sauce which no longer tastes authentic but rather overly sweet and more out of a jar. It used to be that you could depend on very friendly staff and excellent food. I have heard from others that they have had similiar experiences lately, poor service and dry, over-cooked food. I do see some good comments posted so maybe things are slowly evolving back to the old higher standards. I will wait a very long time before I go back.

1  Thank SaSaa_12