“It still provides very good food”
Review of Fan's Restaurant

Fan's Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 276 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have gone to Fans 3 or 4 times over the past couple of years and have not been disappointed. I went in the past week for their lunch specials and had the spicy chicken soup. The quality and portion size were great value for the price of $10. Service was very good and spent time talking to the waiter about several of the other menu items, who provided truthful opinion on each.

I have read the other reviews and this has not been the experiences I have had at Fans.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My first visit to Fan's was by request of a friend. It was fantastic and I couldn't wait to visit it again. The next visit was less then the first and the third visit was less than the second. It was OK, as Chinese food goes, but the excitement factor is gone.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The restaurant was reccommended by the Coastal Inn Hotel, but except for it being close to the hotel it didn't have much to offer. The restaurant is big and the food not tasty. The egg roll I ordered was sticky and I returned it, but it remained in the bill.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The last two visits to Fan's were not favourable. Fan's used to have superior service and the customer was well treated. It seems that this has changed. The food is not consistantly good anymore. I ordered spring rolls which were okay. The dishes that I ordered had too much sauce which no longer tastes authentic but rather overly sweet and more out of a jar. It used to be that you could depend on very friendly staff and excellent food. I have heard from others that they have had similiar experiences lately, poor service and dry, over-cooked food. I do see some good comments posted so maybe things are slowly evolving back to the old higher standards. I will wait a very long time before I go back.

1  Thank SaSaa_12
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I actually can't believe the comments I've read here. I absolutely love Fan's! It's the best Chinese food I've ever had, and by far, the best in Halifax/Dartmouth. The sweet and sour pork with pineapple is delicious, and not made with the sticky jelly-like sauce that most Chinese restaurants have. The spring rolls are to-die-for (although I find the ones on the lunch specials to be not as good as the full-size ones). Certainly not a fancy restaurant and the staff are friendly can get very busy, but the food is sooooo worth it.