“Was Great...Now Disappointing”

Habaneros Modern Taco Bar
Ranked #38 of 266 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Opened Friday 13th July 2012 We're not authentic Mexican Cuisine, we're modern with a twist. Home of the Gecko Bus!
Dartmouth, Canada
“Was Great...Now Disappointing”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A year ago I was the biggest fan of Habaneros. Told all my friends and wrote a great Trip Advisor review. The staff are still very friendly and make you feel like they are happy to serve. The big disappointment is that the chicken that is used in the burritos has changed. It went from what appeared to be pulled white meat (perhaps a little dark mixed in) to chunk style, all thigh meat. It changes the taste completely, so much that I will not be going anymore. I only eat chicken and fish so unfortunately I can't substitute chicken for the beef or pulled pork. Habaneros was a great healthy alternative...it's a sad day in Dartmouth.

• Visited November 2013

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Love this place!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This taco bar is such a great concept. The food is consistently good and fresh. It's usually busy but the staff are pretty fast and organized. I love eating here!

• Visited September 2013
Corner Brook
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Great food in the style of a salad bar. They make it fresh in front of you.. Mexican with an Indian twist. Absolutely delicious and well priced.

• Visited August 2013
“Love it!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was the tastiest Mexican food I've eaten. I had the pulled pork duo (hard taco wrapped in a soft tortilla). The pork was very tender and had a delicious flavour. I loved all of the choices to add to my taco. I had cilantro and lime sour cream, cheese, beans, med salsa and even corn. I can't wait to go back and try the beef and chicken.

• Visited August 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Tasty”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The tacos are what keep me going back. Your choice of ground or shredded beef, pulled pork, or pulled chicken with a pretty wide variety of toppings and sauces to add and priced reasonably for what you're getting.

Visited November 2012