“Too much like a cafeteria”

Habaneros Modern Taco Bar
Ranked #36 of 263 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Opened Friday 13th July 2012 We're not authentic Mexican Cuisine, we're modern with a twist. Home of the Gecko Bus!
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Too much like a cafeteria”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I expected more than food being in steam tables. Like the cheese curds way better. it is always busy so I think it is just me!

• Visited June 2013

“Solid”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food, large portions, fresh ingredients, excellent variety and very reasonably priced. My favourite choice for Mexican food in HRM. Be forewarned that even the medium sauce has a good bite t it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank YHZKelly75
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This taco bar is great! It's like a Chipotle Grill but better. Everything is fresh and the portions are generous. You get a large choice of sauces, veggies, etc.. Service was excellent. I recommend a grilled burrito.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank charlesrob26
St. John's, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had this while visiting Halifax on business. The burrito and tacos were awesome. I had a chicken burrito with spicy mexican rice, red beans and toppings of choice (chipotle sour cream is great) I had a barbacoa taco that was really good as well and also had the pulled pork which was pretty good but not as nice as the chicken and barbocoa. Overall the meal was great and not too pricey.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jimmymojo
Halifax, Canada
“Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba! Yii-hah!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

To quote the great Speedy Gonzales..."Hello, puddy cats! You looking for a nice fat mouse for deenner?" This is the place. Really fresh, interesting, Mexican flare food. Have I had better Mexican food.... yes ... occasionally ... IN MEXICO. So dig in..... load up that burrito and make it spicy. The stars on the menu are the Burritos and Tacos. My favourite filling is the chicken for the burrito (they should make it available for the Taco) and the pulled pork (unusual and not Mexican) for the Taco's. I loved the variety of sals, sour cream, rices, pickled onion, pickled carrot... I could go on... lots of variety of toppers/fillers. The service was excellent. Staff were patient with my numerous qureies as I examined the menu and fillings.
I give the place five stars despite awkward seating, and odd location. Why? Great price, fresh, tasty, interesting, top-notch service, cleanliness, and big portions. This is my go-to for Mexican style in Halifax Region.

• Visited April 2013