“Best Burritos ever!”

Habaneros Modern Taco Bar (Woodside)
Ranked #41 of 281 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Opened Friday 13th July 2012 We're not authentic Mexican Cuisine, we're modern with a twist. Home of the Gecko Bus!
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Once the line-ups subsided a little for this place,we decided to try it out. Boy,we weren't disappointed and we knew why people had been lining up to get in.
The owner/chef is a retired military chef who cooked for famous leaders around the world. He opened his Cheese Curds gourmet burgers a few doors down and it was months before the line-ups dwindled even a little. This place is his newest venture.
His knowledge of flavours and what goes together is astounding.We went back twice in one week,as we just couldn't get enough of his food. The burritos are the biggest,most flavourful I have ever eaten anywhere.There is a vast array of toppings you can choose to put in. Different homemade salsas, meats,beans,veggies,sauces( sour creams,chipolte,etc.
Our second visit had us try their special,"Burglar Beef" in a homemade burrito bowl...it was huge and the taste was amazing.
They also have other Mexican items on the menu and we can't wait to try them. If all you are use to is a Taco-Bell type of Mexican food, be prepared for a truly good meal!

1  Thank Landrys05

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I go hear once every two weeks and like everything on the menu. It is what you make it. Pick the meat, chicken, pork etc, add the toppings, pick you sauce. It's simple and good food. A nice light lunch severed quickly. They do have a few selections besides burritos like their own pizza.
There are two small issues I have, the price is creeping up and the biggest issue, you never know how much your gonna get, some servers seem like they get the left overs and do not give a good portion. But for the most part a great light lunch severed quickly.

4  Thank Dan-Hfx
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to Habaneros when they initially opened as I LOVE Mexican food and it's very close to my workplace. I was excited but disappointed as the chicken that was used seemed processed and rubbery. I found out recently that they now have pulled chicken in their burritos and it's delicious! I've been back several times since....very consistent quality. Also, I find the staff very professional. I almost wonder if they are culinary students from NSCC. I've overheard the owner having conversations with staff about them developing new menu items. Who knows.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Yay a taco bar! I love mexican food in general but this place disappointed me from the get-go. The menu is very sparse, there isn't even an option for a fish taco-shrimp taco-but no fish taco :-( The food I did order was either pre-made and heated or soggy. The server didn't listen to my husbvand when he ordered although my husband tried to correct him at least three times, he still ended up with a different dish than he wanted. I was so disappointed I actually encourage people away from this place.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Set up like a subway with lots of Mexican inspired choices. All fresh and tasty. Priced to compare with A&W, subway ect but way ahead in terms of healthy choices and flavor.