“Pulled Chicken...Yum!”

Habaneros Modern Taco Bar (Woodside)
Ranked #45 of 280 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Opened Friday 13th July 2012 We're not authentic Mexican Cuisine, we're modern with a twist. Home of the Gecko Bus!
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to Habaneros when they initially opened as I LOVE Mexican food and it's very close to my workplace. I was excited but disappointed as the chicken that was used seemed processed and rubbery. I found out recently that they now have pulled chicken in their burritos and it's delicious! I've been back several times since....very consistent quality. Also, I find the staff very professional. I almost wonder if they are culinary students from NSCC. I've overheard the owner having conversations with staff about them developing new menu items. Who knows.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Yay a taco bar! I love mexican food in general but this place disappointed me from the get-go. The menu is very sparse, there isn't even an option for a fish taco-shrimp taco-but no fish taco :-( The food I did order was either pre-made and heated or soggy. The server didn't listen to my husbvand when he ordered although my husband tried to correct him at least three times, he still ended up with a different dish than he wanted. I was so disappointed I actually encourage people away from this place.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Set up like a subway with lots of Mexican inspired choices. All fresh and tasty. Priced to compare with A&W, subway ect but way ahead in terms of healthy choices and flavor.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Run by the same people as Cheese Curds - just not as popular. Food is great and if the line to Cheese Curds is too long then Habaneros is right next door/

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have eaten there probably 3 times a month since opening. Looking forward to the new location opening in Burnside area with table and liquor service.
Shaun