“Very Good”

Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I enjoyed my second stay at this hotel. The place is very clean and the staff is very nice. The view of the Harbour is beautiful. There is a nice little gym and vending machines. The rooms are big with a coach and desk.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Janet T, Manager at Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

We love our amazing view of Halifax. Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel....great value. Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here last year. Booked a Queen room, but got 2 doubles instead. the room was not very clean either, dust and dirt in the "low traffic" areas, the bed was pretty comfy though. The only thing I liked about this place was it was cheap and a place to crash for the night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cw192

Thank you for taking the time to review the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel. You are right we do present a great value stay, and we have addressed your concerns with a program that ensure all staff and management check rooms before they are rented. We hope you come back and try us again.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. It is in need of some cosmetic renovations but overall was a good deal
I paid recently 72cn on hotwire all in. The room was clean and beds comfortable.
Check in was a bit of a cluster because the staff was dealing with a difficult guest. But it got sorted out and I was checked in within 5 minutes.
Parking is free in an outdoor lot behind the hotel so avoid the indoor parking upsell.
Breakfast in the morning is your basic continental.
The ferry to Halifax is less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Parking in downtown halifax is hard to find so the ferry would be a good option.

Overall this is a basic no frills ** hotel. Nothing special but a great value and the staff are top notch!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Chantale N, Guest Relations Manager at Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am glad that you have enjoyed your time at the Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Best Regards, Chantale Nadeau - Guest Services Manager, Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Great location able to walk to ferry to Halifax if necessary and close to eating spots. Rooms were clean and very quiet. We found it to be a great place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chantale N, Guest Relations Manager at Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you Karen for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to greeting you again!
Regards, Chantale Nadeau - Guest Services Manager, Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel

Reviewed March 21, 2014

There was no pool or hot tub, the TV wouldn't work in the morning, the parking garage was too small it was hard to find a place to park where you wouldn't get your car dinged. I found the beds too hard and it was still the same price as a regular hotel. The people were nice however but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Tina for letting us know about your stay - I am sorry you did not enjoy your time with us. We do have alternate parking in our outdoor lot for anyone who does not fit, or feel comfortable with the parking available in our two underground areas. I am pleased to see you found the staff friendly, we always strive to maintain a high level of customer service. We do have an affiliation with the Dartmouth Sportsplex to offer pool passes, perhaps if you stayed with us again, you could take advantage of this offer.
Chantale Nadeau - Guest Services Manager, Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Harbour view from this hotel is better than any view from the other side of Halifax harbour, especially night time. Plenty of sunshine & nice sunsets from harbour view rooms. I have stayed @ this hotel 10 times in the last 5 years & will continue to do so.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you George for considering us for your stays while in Dartmouth. We are happy to see that you have enjoyed your time here over the years. We look forward to seeing you again.
Best Regards, Chantale Nadeau - Guest Services Manager - Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My elderly mom (85 yrs young) was flying in from Ontario so we decided to stay overnight to give her rest & a nice hot bath before carrying on our journey. Well, NO hot water. Called the front desk to report & this is the answer we got " Oh, I've had a couple of complaints so far, I guess I'd better call to have someone take a look at it." Needless to say no hot bath for Mama's aching muscles.

Called again the next morning & still NO hot water. Mentioned my disappointment with the stay as we were checking out. All we got was " They're working on the gas lines & it can't be helped" Wish they had told us the previous day. We would've gone to another hotel.

The beds were clean , the room was nice. No view. The continental breakfast was good also.

What upsets me the most is that the following week I contacted the hotel under their Contact Us on their website & did NOT get a reply. That is NOT good service.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask them what the room is overlooking. We didn't & we were looking at the back...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmelle C
Janet T, General Manager at Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear MACC4
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I am concerned that our original response to your inquiry (which was received through our "contact us" section of the website) has perhaps gone to your junk folder. We received it on Dec 13, 2013 at 8:43 am and I responded personally, at 9:51 am, on that same date. We are committed to each guest experiencing an exceptional stay. As you mentioned in your email to us, there are times when unforeseen circumstances have an impact on a guest stay (as was the case with our malfunctioning hot water tank). I am sorry this situation negatively impacted you and your Mom's stay with us. I will resend my original email and hope to have you back with us in the future. Warm regards, Janet Toner, General Manager, Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Dartmouth Centre
Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown
Coastal Inn Dartmouth
#9 of 11 in Dartmouth

Been to Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel? Share your experiences!