“Perfect for a spot of tea”
Review of Ma Belle's Cafe

Ma Belle's Cafe
Ranked #66 of 281 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I just stopped in today for a cup of tea while walking about Dartmouth. The display case of goodies at the front door was my downfall and I just had to have the carrot cake. Wow....it was delicious and a large portion. Price was $4.99 but worth it. It is a cozy little spot, as other reviewers have mentioned. I look forward to going for High Tea one afternoon!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went back, a couple months after my first visit. Several of the tables were already occupied, at 4:30pm on a Saturday. Got a pot of tea, which is about $2, and quite good quality tea. The girl who served us was friendly, but not overly attentive; we didn't mind much, as we were happily chatting. I ordered a special, bacon, brie and onion chutney panini, and my friend got a slice of the lemon meringue pie. The panini ($9) was served quickly, and very warm: lots of melted brie, and a great contrast of salty bacon and sweet chutney (wish they had jars for sale!), and came with a homemade, chunky coleslaw. The pie was a decent slice, with good proportions, but looked a touch undercooked (nut runny, but 'soft'), I also think it's a bit overpriced at $5, a little larger slice would've been better. My friend said the taste was fantastic though.
Going to go for breakfast sometime, as it's supposed to be good.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Ma Belle's continues to be a favourite. Service is fast and friendly, Food is excellent. It's a small English Tearoom, but you can get substantial meals. I just wish it were open one hour longer, until 6 p.m. as then I could eat dinner there.

1  Thank Jauntee
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The BEST cinnamon rolls in Metro Halifax. The owners are chatty, and the staff is excellent. The place is clean, and one of THE best places to eat in metro Halifax.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This tearoom is tiny and friendly, with, as one might expect, a limited menu. An unpretentious place, it has never disappointed me in the three times I've visited it in the last couple of years. Simple food, well presented, and reasonably priced.