“Try the Seafood Chowder” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe 101 Restaurant and Lounge

Cafe 101 Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #41 of 261 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled in the Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview lobby, Café 101 showcases the talents of nationally accredited Executive Chef Erwin Palo; bringing out the best in East Coast cuisine! Relax in the comfort of true Nova Scotian hospitality for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just to get away! We're holding a seat for you.
Barboursville, West Virginia
“Try the Seafood Chowder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The food is exceptional. The grilled salmon was coated with a sesame paste that gave it a different taste. The seafood chowder was definitely the best I ever tasted.

Visited September 2013

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Decent and big portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have eaten here several times in the last few months. The best main I tried was the scallop dish, served with polenta and parsnip puree - it was quite good, but way too much food. The open faced shrimp ravioli has good food, but the pasta was mushy. I would avoid the bacon spaetzl (greasy), and pine nut pasta (no sign of pine nuts anywhere). The sandwiches are decent but nothing special. The only things I have ever truly enjoyed and I would recommend are the seafood chowder (full of seafood, though a bit salty), and the "sea trio" which is a trio of lobster, crab and fish cakes and is really good. If the soup of the day is "muligatawny", which is chicken, curry and apple, it is really delicious. From what I have seen of my dining companions, the salads are over-priced and don't come with a lot of toppings.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank swim_bunny2012
“If you have no where else to go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Harbourview which is connected to this resturant. The first time we came to eat was for a late dinner after we had walked Halifax all day. I ordered the crab cakes which were crunchy but flavorless. The topping thou was what brought the crab taste out. The second time we went was for breakfast the next day. We both wanted the loaded waffles but were told they were out of batter. Really, out of batter when two of your item menus are waffles? So I ordered the lobster omelette instead. Full of lobster but that was about it. The next day it was a rainstorm so we were stuck in the hotel. Ordered room service from this place, stuffed French toast as they were still out of waffle batter until Monday (two days away). The French toast was good. It had a creamed cheese stuffing with strawberries. Not bad for once. Since it was raining we also had lunch here. I ordered the lobster Mac and cheese. Once again lots of lobster but no flavour. The last time was for breakfast and this time we made sure they had waffles. I must say the wait for waffles was not worth it. The prices of the food items are expensive for what you get but then again there is only fast food places around as an alternative. The service is hit and miss (first Night service was great). would I come here again, only if I was stuck inside on a rainy day

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vampcheerleader
Toronto, Canada
“GREAT seafood chowder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

An awesome restaurant with good food options, prepared and served fresh.
The seafood chowder is second to none.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A gem of a hotel restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife had pork tenderloin which is her meal of choice if available. This is a dish she cooks herself at home. I tasted the pork and we both agreed that it was the best we had every tasted (including my wife's version! Very dangerous thing for me to say!!!!!) The dish was presented extremely well and would not have looked out of place in the finest of dining establishments. I had haddock and chips which was just perfect. Again service was top notch. My only complaint........ no creme brulee! All restaurants should be made to have this desert!!! Very well worth a visit.

• 5 of 5 bubbles