“Great quality, all made by hand, nothing frozen.”
Review of Modern Orchid

Modern Orchid
Ranked #36 of 271 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is located in the mall adjacent to Hampton Inn Dartmouth. It looked quite new, probably that's why it is not in your listing as of yet, but I think it is worth to include it.
Timbuktu, Tombouctou, Mali
“Great quality, all made by hand, nothing frozen.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is the best Asian food in town by far! My wife & ordered the combo for 3 & had enough leftovers for two other meals. The quality of the food is first rate & all sauces are homemade. Nothing is frozen & it shows in the quality of the food!!

• Visited August 2013

Halifax, Canada
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my 2nd trip to this restaurant. The first time I went, I rather enjoyed it. The service was really good and the waitress emphasized how they could substitute almost anything easily in order to make it gluten free (my husband's requirement, not mine). The food was good and the prices were reasonable. So with that being said, I wanted to take my husband with me the 2nd time. The waitress only brought us 1 full menu so I went and grabbed one myself. That was ok... I don't mind doing that. The waitress was pretty good at first, she took our orders promptly, brought our food items promptly but once we had our food, it's almost as if she didn't care to serve us anymore. There were a multitude of times when she came out with one dish that she could easily have gone back in with a dirty dish but she went back to the kitchen empty handed. I could see this was also bothering another couple seated behind us. Also, my husband had ordered the Red curry chicken and he said it tasted like it was previously frozen and he was worried he'd get sick by eating it. He says he will not go back however based on my first experience, I MAY try it again.

1 Thank Zephin
nova scotia
“Love surprises”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Decided to grab a bite after shopping.Ordered the dinner special (12.95) and we were pleasantly surprised by the freshness and size of our servings.I had the red curry chicken and my companion had the cashew chicken.Both were delicious with just enough spice.The spring roll that was served prior to the main was crispy and light.If you find yourself at Dartmouth Crossing and you like Thai don't hesitate to try the Modern Orchid.

Dartmouth
“Great Curry - Terrible Chinese”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ate at Modern Orchid yesterday due to the reviews on trip advisor. BLAHHHHH my husband had the coconut curry chicken - That was great. I ordered a chinese dish of rice, almond gai ding and chicken balls. The rice had a very distinct burnt taste and the rest was Average at best.

it definitely didn't encourage my return. If you just like average chinese food then it will suit you for the $$ but if you are looking for a fantastic experience - go elsewhere.

Montreal, Canada
“Delicious Phat Thai”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

3 out of four dishes tasted very good. The spare ribs is a bit too sweet and no vegetable coming with it. Very reasonable price.

Visited July 2013