“Good reviews really?”

La Cucina Cafe Pizzeria and Spaghetti House
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cucina Cafe Pizzeria and Spaghetti House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 282 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At La Cucina we have a passion for good food and fun whether you have two hours or twenty minutes. Our casual full-service restaurant presents a feast for the senses with a second helping of la vita bella! For lunch or dinner, whether you are celebrating one of life's momentous occasions or just feel like enjoying a home-cooked meal, La Cucina is the one dining experience that has all the right ingredients.Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Have been here twice, both terrible and I won't be back! Don't be fooled by the prices you will leave hungry and disappointed. Service is lacking. Better food at a chain restaurant!

1  Thank Jim F

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This out-of-the-way intimate restaurant exceeded our expectations. The food was excellent, just the right amount of spice. I had the chicken parm, which was a lovely, tasty chicken breast, unbreaded, covered with delicious cheese, on a bed of perfectly-done spaghetti. My husband had a lovely salad with pecans, pineapple, grape tomatoes etc etc..neat variety. He had the spaghetti with a marinara sauce, and loved it. The house red wine was a perfect addition to our meal. Entrees are inexpensive for the quality of food and service... $11 to $17.
We loved it!

1  Thank Pam B
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Well we went here for the first time a few months ago and then my in-laws - who are in their 80's - wanted to go back! Well I wasn't impressed as they seemed to be. I had the pizza the first time cause their motto is Authentic Italian and who doesn't want pizza if its authentic! I love pizza but I was not impressed. THe dough seemed store bought/pre-made. I asked and they said they make the dough there on site. I have my doubts! I have been making my own dough for years and if this was home-made.....anyway I will leave it there. I would not have gone back but the in-laws wanted to celebrate their anniversary.
So the next time we go I had the pasta. Very average and tastes like all the chains like East Side Mario's etc.
We asked the server if the chef/cook was italian and he said no! I aslo asked for the pasta to be a little spicy and he said they had no way of making it spicy but that he would bring the crushed chillis to me. (He forgot to bring them!)
So to keep this short I would say if you are looking for authentic Italian stay away from this place! If you just want average pasta and average pizza then go here and try it. Prices are not bad. The ambiance is ok. It is in a stripmall and is very narrow inside. They have that copper look tile on the ceiling which gives it a little pizazz but generally its pretty basic and not really the romantic place for 2 like their ads state.
My advice would be to take some of the money you spend on TV advertising to train or hire a real Italian chef and improve on the food. Gratzi!

2  Thank Dan H
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We had seen their ads on Tv and decided to try them out on a visit to Halifax. We were surprised with the great taste of our spaghetti amico and the sausage/chicken penne. The service was very good, quite fast and pleasant. The included warm bread on a cutting board with the garlic butter was excellent. The wine list had some quite affordable wines . The prices of $12 and $13 were representative of their prices. We will go again when in Halifax area.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Terrible bland food, some of the worst I have ever eaten in the city. Service was atrociously slow and they were barely polite. We went for a friend's birthday and the evening was so horrible it is now a running joke amongst us all - as in, you'd better be nice to me or I'll make us all eat at La Cucina again.

Don't waste your time - I'd rather have East Side Marios, the food there is better (which is saying something).

3  Thank Mandykyns