“Love the fish & chips without a heavy batter”

Evans Fresh Seafoods and Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 275 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food
Reviewed June 24, 2013

With traditional fish and chips, I tend to find the thick oily batter overwhelming the taste of the fish. Not so here. The fresh fish flavour is awesome. The lobster rolls are served warm which may throw some people for a surprise, but I find them delicious. You will find me here at least once a month.

1  Thank BrianDartmouth
There are newer reviews for Evans Fresh Seafoods and Restaurant

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Jumped on the ferry mainly to take some photos of Halifax waterfront and didn't have any plans to eat "across" the water. That changed when we caught the smell from Evans. My wife had scallops which had nice caramelisation and were moist. I had clams which were crisp on the crumb and juicy,tender in the meat. Fries were very good. A lot more than I expected in a ferry terminal.

3  Thank Philmac128
Reviewed January 9, 2013

YUMMMY. Best view for a fish and chip place, too - Halifax is just outside the windows...
Family run, the service is fantastic and pleasant and everything is cooked beautifully and to order. Scallops delicious. Fish so fresh it practically slaps you.
Love this place and it's a regular stop now.

4  Thank Dabble58
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I loved the lobster roll! Best one I had and best price too. Not very fussy on the chowder. Service was great!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having read the reviews here, we decided to try Evans on one of the first dry days of our holiday. We had lobster rolls and chips and scallops and chips. Everything was delicious, well cooked and hot. Having had such a great lunch we decided to go the following day to try something different. This time we had fish and chips and the fish burger and chips. Again we couldn't fault it. I only wish you could get chips like that at home! We didn't know if we'd get the chance to go back as we were then off on a tour of Nova Scotia and PEI. However on our last day back in Halifax, there was only one place we wanted to go for our final meal and we went back for fish and chips and lobster rolls! Great customer service. The girls recognised us each time!

3  Thank bobo7