“quality service and good rates!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place

Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
A TripAdvisor Member
“quality service and good rates!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2006

When i stayed in the ramada in dartmouh ,it was not only luxurious but also had excellent service with the staff. They're pool is ok but there slide above the pool is mind boggling,if you have kids in their youthful age,they will be most satisfied here. They're breakfast buffet is nothing but quality taste and for the cost, you cannot compare it anywhere else.

If your staying in the halifax/dartmouth area, you must stay here and try it, you will get hooked! ps-close to the micmac mall and halifax shopping centre.

• Stayed April 2003
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2006

I stayed during march break and was very disappointed in this hotel. The rooms were very run down, bedspreads faded, stained rugs, broken tiles in bathroom, very worn furniture, telephone did not work in the morning and my door knob was broken to the bathroom. We checked in at 3:00pm, which is the posted check in time, and was told our room wasn't quite ready but it would be ready in a few minutes. It wasn't ready until 5:00pm. There was clumps of hair floating in the pool in the morning and they didn't clean it out until later that day! When we checked out we told them politely that we were disappointed with our room and they said sorry and basically ignored us. We paid $129 for our room a night which is a fairly decent rate for a "four star" hotel but having stayed in many hotels, I would only rate this hotel maybe a 2 1/2 star. The kids did enjoy the waterslide but even that needs some upgrades. I think it's time they did some major renovations to this hotel and I will not be back until they do.

• Stayed March 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2006

It was the best hotel for my family.The staff was frendly and the pool was great for my kids. My kids loved the water slide that was a real bonus.

• Stayed March 2003
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2005

I have stayed at many of the hotels in the Halifax/Dartmouth area. This is one hotel that I wont be returning. We were booked in a 1 bedroom suite for 2 nights, after the first night we moved to another hotel.

As always it is exciting to walk into your room for the first time but we were very disappointed. The suite was very outdated, not alot of upkeep, both double beds in the bedroom were sunk in the middle, the bathroom had wall mounted soap/shampoo dispensers and overall just the feeling of being dirty.

We were very excited about the indoor pool/slide for the kids...they loved it but being 5 & 4 yrs they were not aware of the scum and floaties in the pool......one of the dirtiest pools I have ever been in.

Now dont get me wrong, Im not one of those people you cant please, I love mini-vacations in hotels and I have never written a negative report on here before. I did stay here about 12 years ago and loved it, but I dont think anything has been changed or updated since then.

Oh, one more thing...the restaurant was good, staff was nice.

5 Thank murcor
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2004

I would highly recommend this place for someone to stay at.

Friendly staff, great rooms at a fair price.
As a added bonus, our kids loved their pool and waterslide. It's close to freeway to get around city quickly.

We stayed there the night before leaving to fly home. It's reasonably close to the airport and the waterslide is a great place for kids to burn energy before a flight.

Wonderful facility!

• Stayed July 2004
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank OccasionalTravellerz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dartmouth Hotel & Suites
Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth

Been to Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place? Share your experiences!