“horrible hotel”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Toronto
“horrible hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

Where should I begin? The rude front desk clerk who refused to change our give us a quieter room or show sympathy when only smoking rooms were available? The rooms were so smokey and loud! You could hear everything in the hallways. And the hotel is dirty and needs a top to bottom renovation. The computer in the front lobby did not work. There was nothing to do in the area. it is in a business park. It is one of those hotels where you want to immediately rip off the bedspread because who knows what kind of bacteria is growing on it. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Monroe, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2009

Our stay was most enjoyable - location was excellent and easy to find. Everyone that we were in contact with were polite and helpful in every way. Our room was just beautiful and most comfortable. My husband and I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Annapolis Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

Our overnight stay was a most enjoyable experience. The room was large and well-appointed; good quality fixtures and very clean. We really appreciated having TWO armchairs, and windows that open! There was a good sized counter in the bathroom, but the lighting could have been brighter. The bar staff was very friendly. Although we didn't use it, the children seemed to really enjoy the waterslide, and the pool looked very clean.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

Stayed one night in a King suite with the wife and 4yr old and 7 month old daughters.
The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful, and the room was large and clean.
The indoor lap pool and large waterslide were a big hit with the kids.
Checkout was easy.
The location is ideal as the bridge to Halifax and the highway into Dartmouth are close by, and there is a road connecting to the Dartmouth Crossing shopping complex just up the street.
An all-round great stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness of the rooms
  • Disliked — Only 20 channels on the TV
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Charlottetown, PE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

Family of 4 stayed here for two nights in mid-December, 2007. Let me start by saying, to be fair, the nights we stayed were over a weekend when the Christmas Parties were in full swing. We knew there could be some issues as a result.

Upon arrival, we were given a room at the end of one ofthe wings on the ground floor, with the assurance from the front desk that this was the quietest spot to be. Unfortunately, an hour after our arrivel we found out the hard way that there was a Christmas Party/Dance going on in the basement meeting room directly under ours. Could hear every word of every song.

Went to the front desk and we were promptly moved to the 4th floor. Once there, everything was fine. The hotel was quiet even with the parties. The pool/waterslide/hottub was a big hit with my boys (the hotel even has a staff member present in the pool area at all times for safety). Buffet breakfast in the dining room, was very good and the service was fantastic!

For a family break with the kids, the pool area defintiley puts this property above most in the area.

• Liked — pool/waterslide
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank RichA252
Halifax, NS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

The only reason why I stayed there to begin with was because my company was holding a party there and people who attended were given a bit of a discount on rooms that night.

Anyway even though I gave them my credit card number to book my room, once we arrived to check in I was still required to give them a $50 cash damage deposit. The staff there is quite age biased. Im in my mid 20's and friends of mine who also booked a room that night who are in their early 30's were NOT required to give them a damage deposit (I found this out the next day).

The room-
We were given the room right off the elevator, which was horrible because its such a high traffic area with much more noise.
The room at first glance was ok. It really needed some updating though. And the bathroom was dirty with various types of hairs on the floor from the previous people who stayed there.
The beds and pillows were hard as rocks. I think I only got about an hour and a half of sleep that night.
And at 5:30am I hear a phone ringing and it was coming from the room next to ours!! I could hear the man's entire conversation, like he was standing right next to me in my room. He then proceeded to grab a shower and pack up his things.

Their walls a paper thin!!!!!!!! I could hear everything!
Why would the staff put the people from the party on the same floor and right next to business people who have to get up early in the morning?! It wasnt very smart on their part.
The company Im with had their anual party at the nearby Holiday Inn one year and the staff there was fantastic! They booked everyone from the party on their own floor and gave us all better rooms with balconies.
The Ramada could have done the same. The person who I talked to on the phone about the reservation told me that there were many rooms available and that the hotel was quite empty during the time we wanted to stay there.

Anyway the pool was also not in service during the time we were there, which was a little let down.
The staff wasnt overly friendly either. I also got short changed about $7 but didnt notice it at the time ( probably due to my horrible sleep the past night).
Bottom line; I will never stay there ever again! I cant imagine paying the regular price they ask for such crapy accomodations.

This year the company Im with has booked the Ramada again for their anual work party and I can assure you that I will be booking a hotel somewhere else, maybe the Prince George or the Delta Halifax!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Dalchick
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

We arrived at the Ramada expecting to find a room with a King size bed, we were given a room with a double bed that pulled out of the wall. When we asked at the desk we were told it was because we had booked through Expedia and we had to take what they had left. (I had booked 5 days earlier. I have NEVER had a problem before booking through Expedia...
Then there was "elevator music" playing outside our room all night-more than a little annoying. In the morning I discovered the hair dryer didn't work. By then I was beyond complaining...I just wanted out of there.
Will not be back for a very long time!!!

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank EllieCanada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dartmouth Hotel & Suites
Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth

Been to Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place? Share your experiences!