“Buskers Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
New Brunswick, Canada
“Buskers Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent two nights at this property and have only negative comment - the food in the all you can eat breakfast buffet did not have much flavour but there was plenty of choices. The service at the front desk and dining room were awesome and the room was great. This hotel was probably a 4-5 star at one time, but it seeing it's age.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Ramadans, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear kaylahni,

Thank you for your comments relating to your recent stay. I am sorry that you found the breakfast food lacking in flavour, but am happy to hear that you enjoyed the selection offered. Service is an essential part of our culture, and I am glad that portion of your stay was enjoyable!
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Pierre Roy, Vice President and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Molega Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

All the people who work here went above and beyond anything you would ever imagine a hotel staff would do! They helped in every way possible as I was in a bind and needed a place for 6 people to stay within minutes!! They cared..all of them and for the 3 nights we were there..they cared!! The room was amazing, the pool was loved by all of us..especially the kids, and the breakfast, well lets just say I have stay in a lot of hotels all over the world, and you will never find a buffet breakfast as amazing as this one, included in your room price. This hotel had the most comfortable beds, pillows and the rooms are great!! I'd like to thank all the staff and manager, who not only helped me out of a bind, when my first hotel let me down, but who cared and keep on caring right though out our stay, we all felt the love..lol, but also thanks to the dinning staff, your all GREAT!!! I will be back very soon!! Best hotel in Halifax/Dartmouth area!! And I've stay in just about all of them!! This is the place to come for any of your hotel needs!! Better than Excellent in every way!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Alyssanr
Dear Alyssanr,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Being in the hospitality industry, we pride ourselves in providing the best possible service to each and every guest. Caring about people is an essential part of the service we provide, and I am thrilled to know that you felt the love throughout your stay.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Longlac, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The rooms here are nice; a little bit dated but nice. The bed was very comfortable and there were six pillows to choose from guaranteeing that everyone would find one that suited them.

The bathroom was very clean and the shower was lovely.

Sure, the hotel was a bit out of the way, being more so in the business section of the city (although, if you were there for business then perhaps this would be a plus...) but the location is really only slightly out of walking distance to some great food and shopping.

The included breakfast buffet was fantastic. Better than many restaurant breakfasts I have had.

The highlight though: the staff. They were helpful, accommodating and knowledgeable.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our standard King room was very nice. I imagine that the others would be the same or better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear aa7hbs,

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Our staff is our most valuable asset, and we are glad to hear that they made your stay such a wonderful experience.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We travel to Halifax quite a few times a year for both business and personal, we always stay at the same BUSY hotel right close to shopping. But last weekend our usual hotel was completely booked, so we decided to give the Ramada a try. We were worried because it is an older hotel, but I have to say I was quite comfortable. The rooms are defiantly dated, and could use some newer furniture, newer carpet and little upgrades, but they were VERY CLEAN! I really appreciate the white duvet covers. The rooms were a nice big size, defiantly lots of room for families to move around. We had an adjoining room with friends of ours and there was plenty of space for kids to mingle. Our rooms were by the elevators and housekeeping closets and that was a little noisy in the morning, but not too bad. The hallways are massive with nice wood trim, that were kept clean. The elevators were nice and big too with even more wood trim and paneling inside.

The pool was small, the waterslide was a benefit, and they did have a deep end in one section. Our Children never complained though, they seemed to have a good time regardless. The pool does have someone there to monitor at all times, which helps.

Breakfast was AMAZING! It was fresh, with lots of variety, and well looked after. One thing I wanted to mention was they only snack vending machine was in the basement, I didn't feel very comfortable letting a 10 year old and 7 year old venture down from the fourth floor alone.

The location of the hotel was a little off the main path, but all in all both Families stayed for two nights and there were very little complaints . We found the hotel may have been older but had lots of character compared to the "box" type hotels in the area. Will defiantly stay again.

Dear RoadRebell,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make us your hotel of choice during your recent visit. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and the quality of our food and beverage operations, and are grateful when those things are recognized and appreciated by our guests.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The first room we were assigned on a no. Smoking floor smelled strongly of smoke. Also our keys didn't work.

The second room was better smelling but was on a half smoking floor.

We were also given the choice of a smoky room or being above the banquet halls with two raucous weddings going on.

The room would otherwise be rated much higher.

This hotel should be avoided if non smoking is important to you.

The elevator doors were not working well and smacked me hard enough to bruise me.

Front desk personnel was nice but amateurish.

If our room had not been prepaid and we were not so tired we'd have gone elsewhere for sure.

Breakfast was a madhouse, there were few healthy options and the room is really not set up well with the buffet in the middle blocking everything.

We really expected better from this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ramadans, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Alan please accept my sincerre apologies that we failed to meet and exceed your expectations during your recent visit to Park Place Ramada Plaza!

I will bring your Trip Advisor review to our next Department Head meeting and discuss with our team. I have emailed our Chief Engineer regarding the challenges you experienced with your keys and asked that he immediately inspect our guest elevator doors to ensure they are operating correctly. I can have our Guest Service Manager add a note to your Guest Profile that indicates you need to be on a completely non smoking floor. We receive very few complaints regarding guest service delivery. I was surprised and disappointed that you were not completely satisfied with the level of professionalism extended by our Front Desk team.

Please accept that your experience was isolated and not a true reflection of the way we do business on a daily basis. I would be very pleased if you would take a moment and contact me " Off Line " to discuss your stay in more detail. Once again, sorry we failed to meet and exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards,

Barrington, Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed here many times before but just finally getting around to a review. This hotel is great for those shopping trips to Mic Mac Mall.....very conveniently located. The pool is rather cold and unless you figure out the optimum position the water slide is kind of slow. Great for my 4 y/o, not so much for my 16 y/o. There is also very limited space in the shallow part for swimming/playing but not getting a face full of water from sliders. The rooms are very dated but clean and spacious. This is the first time that we were close to the elevator and found it a tad noisy with people walking by. The free FULL hot breakfast is delicious!! The chef came out twice during our meal to check the buffet and take note of anything that was getting low.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Candi thank you for your continued patronage! I am pleased to hear that you find our location convenient for shopping. We are very close to all major shopping areas, attractions and sporting venues in Greater Halifax. This coupled with a great " value equation " ... Free Full Hot Breakfast Buffet included with your guestroom, Free Parking and Free Wi Fi... Make Park Place Ramada Plaza a great choice for a family Get A Way.

If you contact me " Off Line " I would be pleased to have our Guest Service Manager make a note on your profile that you would like a room away from the elevators in a quiet area of the hotel.

I hope you and your family have had a great summer and are able to return soon to our hotel.

Warm regards.

Pierre Roy, Vice President and General Manager.
Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Over the last several years I have stayed at the Ramada, and must say each and everytime I arrive I have been greeted by a wonderful warm smile and a warm" Maritime Welcome". Staff at front desk and in the restaurant are friendly, and very accommodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable but could use a little updating. The beds are second to none very comfy. I always tease the front desk staff upon my arrival and ask "where are the cookies"..because you still don't have home baked cookies for quests The food is so great at the hotel It would be a great addition. A very Special Hi and thanks to Suzanna Front Desk Supervisor she is a real hidden Gem in your hotel staff. The two shift supervisors in the dining room are amazing at their jobs and are so accommodating when i sometimes grab breakfast to go, as no time to sit down and eat. What more can I say, I usually stay 3 to 4 weeks a year and am remembered by your staff during each stay, that in its self is amazing and shows true Maritime Hospitality, Well done. High Fives to your staff and only suggest some hot cookies and a few cosmetic updates to the rooms...I'll be back.... Guest from PEI

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laurie thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor Community! Please know that we value your continued patronage and are thrilled to be your hotel of choice when travelling to Greater Halifax on business or pleasure.

Given that you have touched on a number of departments within the hotel, I will share your review at our next All Employee meeting... Thank you for your kind commets regarding our team and their ability to extend fantastic guest service. I am so pleased we consistently make you feel welcome when you walk through our doors! We have fantastic cookies... I will take your recomendation under advisement.

If I can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me " Off Line ". I hope you and your family have had a great summer and you are able to return soon to our hotel!

Warm regards,

Pierre Roy, Vice President & General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dartmouth Hotel & Suites
Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

Been to Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place? Share your experiences!