My husband had a business meeting at this hotel and had not arranged for accommodation. I was able to secure a room on Priceline, not knowing if we would be staying at this hotel, but it turned out that this was the hotel in the end, so that was convenient.
I have stayed in this hotel in the past. I found that the front desk staff has improved. This being my first experience with Priceline, I wondered if we would be given second class treatment and given a not so great room,but this was certainly not the case. The room that we got was a king size bed, but we thought our son would be staying with us, so I requested two doubles, which was no problem at all. We stayed on a Friday night and I think that there was not many staying that night.
We had a room on the third floor with a lovely view of the bridge and harbour. We enjoyed watching the sunset from our room. Did not eat dinner there, but had a lovely glass of wine at the bar that evening. Bar man very accommodating with good selection of wines.
Room was comfortable, if smallish. The beds were ok, nice pillows. Very clean. Had a little problem regulating the heat.
The next morning we decided to have breakfast at the restaurant. Not being a "breakfast person" usually, I changed my stripes for the day and had an omlette. Very good. My husband ordered a breakfast skillet, and he was happy with it. We sat by large windows overlooking the pool area, which was covered with snow. The light was very nice. Restraunt staff professional and friendly. The only complaint I see come up frequently on Priceline is the charge for parking. There is a ten dollar fee for parking outside that is extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Hotel. The Holiday Inn Hotel in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia features quality amenities, superior service, the area's premier conference facilities and the best views of the Halifax harbour. Designed with the business traveler in mind, this hotel features amenities that keep our guests coming back. Conveniently located just steps from the Halifax harbour in Dartmouth, our hotel offers guests easy access to many area businesses. We also provide over 14,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible meeting space that can be divided into 16 rooms. With space for up to 550 people, we offer the perfect location for conferences, corporate meetings and weddings. Leisure travelers enjoy our Halifax hotel's warm hospitality, pet friendly atmosphere, breathtaking views of the Halifax harbour, as well as our convenient location near attractions such as the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, the famous Alexander Keith's Brewery, Dartmouth Crossing, the Emera Oval and much more. While staying with us, be sure to enjoy an exceptional meal in our hotel's restaurant, Cafe 101. After a long day, relax in our outdoor pool, exercise in our Fitness Centre or take advantage of our complimentary day passes to the Dartmouth Sportsplex across the street. All of this makes our hotel the place to stay when you're in the Halifax area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Hotel Dartmouth
- Holiday Inn Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Dartmouth, Nova Scotia