All reviews the holiday inn macdonald bridge warm cookies double tree welcome cookie seventh floor beautiful hotel check in was a breeze these issues nice bathroom stayed here for a week renovated hotel on arrival main lobby per day bathroom floor two queen beds
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised. The whole city was booked for a convention and even though we wanted Halifax we ended up here. Loved the warm cookies on arrival and got upgraded to a one bedroom suite for free. A little difficult to get to from the airport. Excited for the Starbucks in the lobby. Pumpkin spice anyone? Less than 10 minute walk to ferry terminal and takes right to the action in Halifax. Easier walking than when we stayed at the homewood suites last visit. For sure an undiscovered gem.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good morning JacqTanSib and I hope your day is going well.

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree Halifax Dartmouth. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and you are most welcome for the upgrade.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the City.

All the best and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I used the pool twice, it was clean and there were lots of towels.I love having Starbucks in the lobby.The free internet worked great.The only downside I can think of was that only one elevator was in service.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Good morning Wanda and thank you for your visit with us at the DoubleTree Halifax Dartmouth! Thank you also for your review as we appreciate it very much. My apologies on the elevator but both elevators are now fully operational.

All the best and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Halifax.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Stayed at a standard room 350 with taxes for two nights, You have to pay for parking 10/night unreasonable.You don't receive breakfast with this type of room, unfortunate.Rooms were clean, but the air conditioning is way to loud.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jamie B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Good morning SheldonCanada,

I would like to thank you for your visit and the time you took to complete your review. I am sorry to read that you did not perceive great value for your money spent. We do offer packages that include parking and breakfast and perhaps next visit this would be something you are interested in. My apologies also for the room noise from the air conditioner.

All the best and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

We stayed here for a week with our small dog on a little vacation. The hotel is fairly close to the Dartmouth Crossing shopping area and of course the new Ikea. The rooms are very up to date and clean. Big 50 inch T.V. and good wifi. All the staff from the housekeeping to the front desk were very friendly. The fee for staying with a dog was super reasonable at 50 for the stay. Parking is 10 dollars a day but that seems the norm these days. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank newfoundlandlarry
Jamie B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Good morning newfoundlandlarry,

I would like to thank you for your week long visit with us at the DoubleTree Halifax Dartmouth. Thank you also for your kind words and the time you took to complete your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to that next visit.

All the best!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

The room was pretty small could of done without the desk.Care was not taken when cleaning,our garbage had to be put out in the hall for them to take. Good location overpriced for the quality of service.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jamie B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Good morning kemily494290,

I would like to thank you for your four night visit with us and for the time you took to complete your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive and I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectation. "Attention to detail" is of the utmost importance to us and I am truly sorry to hear of the cleanliness issues you encountered. As you had a pet with you, our staff are advised to arrange a time most convenient for you when cleaning the room. I am sorry this was not communicated better to you.

I apologize again and I hope you will give us another chance.