We recently stayed at the Harbour View Holiday Inn during Christmas 2013 - Christmas Eve I made the booking at the last minute and wondered if I'd be able to get a room. When we checked in, we found we were the only guests at the hotel that night! We had the place to ourselves.
The staff were very very nice, friendly, helpful during our stay - they were glad to have us there and it actually showed. In the mornings there was a buffet as the restaurant, not surprisingly, was closed - we had all the coffee, juice, bagels, muffins we could eat.
There was a nice little fitness room with great showers right across from our room, so we availed ourselves of the showers as they had lots more room than the rather small bathtub shower in the room. We didn't use the fitness centre as we ran outdoors on Christmas Day and Boxing Day - the hotel is right next to the MacDonald Bridge between Dartmouth and Halifax, so we ran across it, along funky Brunswick Street on a quiet snowy Christmas morning, and then to the Clock Tower and Citadel. Great Christmas Day run - but you won't be able to do it for next 1.5 years as they are doing repairs to the bridge and pedestrians and bicyclists will not be allowed.
Boxing Day we went the other direction to Lake Banook - the centre of east-coast paddling sports in Canada. Great running/walking along here too leading into Shubenacadie Park.
The hotel is well situated, but is a bit of a hoof to get to the ferry to Halifax - a short taxi ride though. Not much for restaurants/nightlife in the immediate area - just McDonalds, Subway, Wendys, and so on.
Overall - we enjoyed our time at the hotel and our main "plus" was the very friendly and attentive staff. The rooms are basic hotel room fare, but comfy and - for us - very quiet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Hotel. The Holiday Inn Hotel in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia features quality amenities, superior service, the area's premier conference facilities and the best views of the Halifax harbour. Designed with the business traveler in mind, this hotel features amenities that keep our guests coming back. Conveniently located just steps from the Halifax harbour in Dartmouth, our hotel offers guests easy access to many area businesses. We also provide over 14,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible meeting space that can be divided into 16 rooms. With space for up to 550 people, we offer the perfect location for conferences, corporate meetings and weddings. Leisure travelers enjoy our Halifax hotel's warm hospitality, pet friendly atmosphere, breathtaking views of the Halifax harbour, as well as our convenient location near attractions such as the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, the famous Alexander Keith's Brewery, Dartmouth Crossing, the Emera Oval and much more. While staying with us, be sure to enjoy an exceptional meal in our hotel's restaurant, Cafe 101. After a long day, relax in our outdoor pool, exercise in our Fitness Centre or take advantage of our complimentary day passes to the Dartmouth Sportsplex across the street. All of this makes our hotel the place to stay when you're in the Halifax area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Hotel Dartmouth
- Holiday Inn Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Dartmouth, Nova Scotia