“Nice Hotel and pretty good rate”

Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Paget Parish, Bermuda
“Nice Hotel and pretty good rate”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview hotel for four nights. The hotel entrance (entry) was being worked on but inside the lobby was very nice and clean and the front desk staff were very welcoming. Our room was a good size and included a king size bed, two nightstands, desk, chair, ottoman, small fridge and flat screen tv. The room including bath were immaculate. The cleaning lady was very friendly and stocked the room daily with clean towels. The business center looked new and consisted of two computers and two printers. The gym was also of good quality. The parking lot is very large and the spaces closer to the hotel fill up quite quickly in the early evening. We had the buffet breakfast for two mornings (basic, but nice) but found it a little pricey at $15 a head + tax. We felt very comfortable staying at the Holiday Inn and slept very well as the bed and pillows were exceptional. All was good and we would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor overlooking the toll booth of Mac Donald Bridge. The room was quiet and w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for taking this opportunity to share your experience with us with other travellers. As you indicated, we have made some upgrades to our guest rooms including 32" LCD TV's and complimentary wireless internet in all our rooms with the options to upgrade your internet speed.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's a typical chain hotel located just across the bridge in Dartmouth. The lobby looked to be newly renovated but not the rooms themselves. But it was clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly so it suited our needs fine. A good reason to choose this location is that it is right across the bridge from Halifax and they have free parking at the hotel. So if you're visiting the city and want to save a few bucks, this is a nice option.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greg M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the oppotunity to share your experience at our hotel with your fellow travellers. We always enjoy hearing about our guests positive experiences. Although our guest parking is not complimentary, it is available for a very reasonable fee. Although we do often have groups or conventions where you are staying under a special rate which has it included.

We look forward to the next time you come to stay with us on your next visit to Halifax.

Thank you again from all of us at the Holiday Inn Harbourview
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The most impressive part of this hotel was the lobby as it has been the only part of the hotel updated in years. A front desk staff member (female) was very rude to adults and children. The cleaning staff did not do an extensive clense of the room we stayed in. I found a bra, behind a chair, which I can only assume belonged to the previous guest...or the guest previous to that guest... The chair was not up against a wall and not difficult to move.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greg M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I would like to apologize on behalf of the Holiday Inn Harbourview and its’ team for your stay. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so we can take appropriate steps to correct them. The guest service and level of cleaning were clearly not in keeping with the high standards we strive to maintain and exceed. We are committed to your satisfaction, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it right.

We do hope we will be given the opportunity to serve you once again and to show you we can do better. We also hope your confidence in the Holiday Inn Harbourview will be restored.

Travelers are raving about these Dartmouth hotels

Newmarket, On
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Rooms are clean and adequate. As in a previous stay, I find the dining room menu lacking choice, and the staff that remain from years ago have little to no personality. $14 bucks for a glass of Merlot is also pricey for Dartmouth.

Room Tip: Get a Harbour view room on upper floors, great balcony and view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, I am happy to see that you find our guest rooms clean and adequate.

However I am disappointed that you feel our Cafe 101 menu is lacking choice, we have done several changes in our restaurant over the last year and a large part of those changes have been menu driven in order to attract more business. We have reduced prices and made dishes that appeal to our guests according to feedback received. Please feel free to email me directly if you would like us to consider any of your favourite foods for our menu.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We just had our christmas party at this location. This property was renovated a couple of years ago and it shows. We had a fabulous time . Service was great and the meal was awesome. The room was very clean and the king size bed was to die for . This was our best christmas dance ever and the venue contributed to this greatly. Can wait until next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank regrag
Chris D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other travellers. We look forward to hosting you at next years holiday party!
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I just finished a 4 day business trip at this hotel and I thought that I'd pass along my thoughts as I sifted through the first 10 pages of reviews when I first arrived. My background: I am on the road 1-2 times a month with work or pleasure, so I visit quite a few different hotels. I have grown quite fond of the Holiday Inn Express line of hotels that seem to be cropping up everywhere in Canada/US. Many of them are new, most have free parking, wi-fi and an indoor pool, which I really like. My thoughts on this one are as follows:

The Property: pretty good location, but not the best. Kind of sketchy neighbourhood. I took the ferry and the bridge across to Halifax on foot. Both provided some decent exercise. Speaking of which, my package included passess to th recreation center across the street; which has a big gym, racquet sports and a big pool. That place has facilities that feel a little dated, but they offer allot - worth checking out. I needed to request a day pass at the front desk for each day that I wanted to go. Fairly good amenities in the area - like fast food, groceries, gas. The hotel itself looks pretty nice, on the outside. The lobby is also very nice. Parking was included in my package.Overall 3.5/5.

The room: although amenities and housekeeping were excellent, the LCD screen was nice, although the wi-fi was great and the room view was excellent (I had to specifically ASK for a harbour view, otherwise, they had me on the other side), even after all of those positives, the room felt dated. The carpet and the wallpaper seemed old, the shower/tub felt cramped and the bath and sink being in two different rooms served no purpose for me personally. In fact, it felt a little annoying. The worst part of my room was the fact that I could hear everything (use your imagination... everything) next door and hallway noise was heard as well. Luckily, there wasn't anything to complain about as everyone seemed to retire at a decent hour. Overall 3/5

The Breakfast at Pub 101. My package included 4 free breakfasts at the restaurant on the main floor. The front desk gave me passes when I checked in. Expected was a buffet every morning; which occurred every day but one. The second day, the breakfast was from their menu; which was adequate, but I certainly preferred the buffet. The buffet is a great value. The restaurant was not very busy. The staff was very attentive to my needs and very professional. The food was very good. Fresh fruit bowl was my favorite. They gave me a small pot of coffee along with a cup and lid to go. I didn't eat at the restaurant for anything other than breakfast, so I can't comment on anything else. I did have soup and sandwich at the mini-cafeteria which is located in the attached office building. It was nothing special, but decent enough (located near the front desk entrance of hotel). Breakfast = 4.5/5.

Overall my rating of this hotel is a solid 4 out of 5. I would probably return, need be.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Melissa B
Thank you for sharing your experience and I am happy you enjoyed your time with us. We continue to update our property and have made some great strides to further improve and serve the needs of our guests; the LCD televisions and complimentary wireless internet that you mentioned being two of our more recent additions. Our location provides us with a unique opportunity to offer our guests the conveniences awarded with being close to facilities like the Dartmouth Sportsplex and ease of access to the culturally rich Halifax Waterfront through the Halifax Ferry terminal just a short walk away.

It’s great to hear of our guests having enjoyed the services we provide. I agree; the breakfast buffet is an excellent offering; coupled with our warm and welcoming service team, Café 101 provides a great dining experience within the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Halifax area.
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice menu and well presented dishes. Service was friendly and attentive. Atmosphere is typical for a hotel chain and a little dark and drabby. Appetizers were great but entree was okay. Not priced too high. Parking may be in issue if out on a busier night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KR_Packwood
Chris D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am happy to see you enjoyed your dinning experience at Cafe 101, we have phi-nominal servers and a wonderfully talented culinary team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown
Downtown Halifax
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview? Share your experiences!