I just finished a 4 day business trip at this hotel and I thought that I'd pass along my thoughts as I sifted through the first 10 pages of reviews when I first arrived. My background: I am on the road 1-2 times a month with work or pleasure, so I visit quite a few different hotels. I have grown quite fond of the Holiday Inn Express line of hotels that seem to be cropping up everywhere in Canada/US. Many of them are new, most have free parking, wi-fi and an indoor pool, which I really like. My thoughts on this one are as follows:
The Property: pretty good location, but not the best. Kind of sketchy neighbourhood. I took the ferry and the bridge across to Halifax on foot. Both provided some decent exercise. Speaking of which, my package included passess to th recreation center across the street; which has a big gym, racquet sports and a big pool. That place has facilities that feel a little dated, but they offer allot - worth checking out. I needed to request a day pass at the front desk for each day that I wanted to go. Fairly good amenities in the area - like fast food, groceries, gas. The hotel itself looks pretty nice, on the outside. The lobby is also very nice. Parking was included in my package.Overall 3.5/5.
The room: although amenities and housekeeping were excellent, the LCD screen was nice, although the wi-fi was great and the room view was excellent (I had to specifically ASK for a harbour view, otherwise, they had me on the other side), even after all of those positives, the room felt dated. The carpet and the wallpaper seemed old, the shower/tub felt cramped and the bath and sink being in two different rooms served no purpose for me personally. In fact, it felt a little annoying. The worst part of my room was the fact that I could hear everything (use your imagination... everything) next door and hallway noise was heard as well. Luckily, there wasn't anything to complain about as everyone seemed to retire at a decent hour. Overall 3/5
The Breakfast at Pub 101. My package included 4 free breakfasts at the restaurant on the main floor. The front desk gave me passes when I checked in. Expected was a buffet every morning; which occurred every day but one. The second day, the breakfast was from their menu; which was adequate, but I certainly preferred the buffet. The buffet is a great value. The restaurant was not very busy. The staff was very attentive to my needs and very professional. The food was very good. Fresh fruit bowl was my favorite. They gave me a small pot of coffee along with a cup and lid to go. I didn't eat at the restaurant for anything other than breakfast, so I can't comment on anything else. I did have soup and sandwich at the mini-cafeteria which is located in the attached office building. It was nothing special, but decent enough (located near the front desk entrance of hotel). Breakfast = 4.5/5.
Overall my rating of this hotel is a solid 4 out of 5. I would probably return, need be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Hotel. The Holiday Inn Hotel in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia features quality amenities, superior service, the area's premier conference facilities and the best views of the Halifax harbour. Designed with the business traveler in mind, this hotel features amenities that keep our guests coming back. Conveniently located just steps from the Halifax harbour in Dartmouth, our hotel offers guests easy access to many area businesses. We also provide over 14,000 sq. Ft. Of flexible meeting space that can be divided into 16 rooms. With space for up to 550 people, we offer the perfect location for conferences, corporate meetings and weddings. Leisure travelers enjoy our Halifax hotel's warm hospitality, pet friendly atmosphere, breathtaking views of the Halifax harbour, as well as our convenient location near attractions such as the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, the famous Alexander Keith's Brewery, Dartmouth Crossing, the Emera Oval and much more. While staying with us, be sure to enjoy an exceptional meal in our hotel's restaurant, Cafe 101. After a long day, relax in our outdoor pool, exercise in our Fitness Centre or take advantage of our complimentary day passes to the Dartmouth Sportsplex across the street. All of this makes our hotel the place to stay when you're in the Halifax area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Hotel Dartmouth
- Holiday Inn Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview Dartmouth, Nova Scotia