I stayed at this hotel while my son participated in a basket ball tournament, we booked a suite, the suite was quite large, although the decor was pretty basic, it had all the essentials, it was also very clean. My issue was not with the room, but with the staff. From the first moment I walked in the door, I felt I was not welcome, the front desk clerk took her good old time in even aknowledgeing that I was even standing in front of her, when I actually tried to check in I wanted to use my Visa Debit to secure and pay for my room, as this was the card that I booked my room with, and when I booked my room,I made a point in asking if they accepted Visa Debit, and was assured that they did, totally different story when I got there, no they didn't accept it, and could not imagine who told me that. I have stayed in at least two different hotels in the Halifax area in the last six months, and this card was not an issue. She then hands me a behavior contract, I was not familiar with this, asked her about it, and was very rudely informed that, everyone did this, and could not imagine that I have never ran into this before, finally get through the experience of checking in, and get upstairs, the room is ok, and is very clean. That evening I'am comming in to the lobby, and I'am haveing a conversation with another parent, she interupts my conversation to inform me that I have not payed for my second night, no I have not payed for my second night,as I have not stayed my first night yet. I told her that when we made the reservations, we were told that we could decide if we needed the second night the next afternoon, as we did not know if the boys would advance, and would need to stay. This was an issue as well,no she did not know anything about this, and it would not be possible, but if I wanted I could check with her supervisor the next day. The next day I checked with the new front desk clerk, and no this would not be possible, and no he would not check with his manager who made the booking, he informed me that I had her email address, and if I wanted I could do it myself. That morning my husband went down to breakfast, everything was pretty much picked over, although breakfast had only started an hour before, and the breakfast staff was not to eager to restock anything, so much for the convienient breakfast! We ended up checking out after breakfast and will never return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the base of the MacKay Bridge and just minutes from downtown Halifax, Dartmouth Crossing and Burnside Industrial Park. Rates include: Deluxe Continental Breakfast, wireless high speed internet, parking,and local phone calls. Enjoy 24 hour access to our on site fitness room, business center and guest laundry. Whether it’s after a long day at the office, on the road, or shopping, you'll love our comfortable, spacious rooms and our friendly, warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Suites Dartmouth Hotel Dartmouth
- Country Inn Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Country Inn
- Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth Nova Scotia