“Brenda was fantastic! got me a room on very short notice...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth

Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while my son participated in a basket ball tournament, we booked a suite, the suite was quite large, although the decor was pretty basic, it had all the essentials, it was also very clean. My issue was not with the room, but with the staff. From the first moment I walked in the door, I felt I was not welcome, the front desk clerk took her good old time in even aknowledgeing that I was even standing in front of her, when I actually tried to check in I wanted to use my Visa Debit to secure and pay for my room, as this was the card that I booked my room with, and when I booked my room,I made a point in asking if they accepted Visa Debit, and was assured that they did, totally different story when I got there, no they didn't accept it, and could not imagine who told me that. I have stayed in at least two different hotels in the Halifax area in the last six months, and this card was not an issue. She then hands me a behavior contract, I was not familiar with this, asked her about it, and was very rudely informed that, everyone did this, and could not imagine that I have never ran into this before, finally get through the experience of checking in, and get upstairs, the room is ok, and is very clean. That evening I'am comming in to the lobby, and I'am haveing a conversation with another parent, she interupts my conversation to inform me that I have not payed for my second night, no I have not payed for my second night,as I have not stayed my first night yet. I told her that when we made the reservations, we were told that we could decide if we needed the second night the next afternoon, as we did not know if the boys would advance, and would need to stay. This was an issue as well,no she did not know anything about this, and it would not be possible, but if I wanted I could check with her supervisor the next day. The next day I checked with the new front desk clerk, and no this would not be possible, and no he would not check with his manager who made the booking, he informed me that I had her email address, and if I wanted I could do it myself. That morning my husband went down to breakfast, everything was pretty much picked over, although breakfast had only started an hour before, and the breakfast staff was not to eager to restock anything, so much for the convienient breakfast! We ended up checking out after breakfast and will never return again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Brenda P, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Kim F:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.

I feel terrible that you felt the level of service you received was not up to the level our guests typically comment so positively about. We do have certain policies in place for sports teams in order to ensure a positive experience for all guests, one of which is a behavioural policy provided to each chaperone/parent at arrival to sign. This is sent to the person who books on behalf of the group along with the room agreement to share with the parents who will be staying so they know what to expect.

Any guest, unless otherwise agreed to in a group agreement or rate type booked, is welcome to check out any time up to noon on the date they wish to depart without an additional fee. Any time after noon is subject to a fee, up to a full night's rate if the room is vacated after a point where it can not be properly prepared for another guest to occupy.

We have built a strong rapport with many groups and teams over the years, and believe in being up-front about the procedures we have in place to ensure every guest feels welcome and comfortable.

We welcome you to visit us again next time you are in our city, so you can experience a stay done right.

Wellesley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very clean and quiet, location is good, excellent service, good breakfast and great value for the money. Furniture is slightly outdated but in good condition and as long as you're not expecting a chic 5 star modern hotel who cares? Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Brenda P, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello, Suzandowen!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us!

I am happy to share with you that we've updated 20 of the sofa beds in our suites with our most recent renovations, and have additional upholstered furniture slated for replacement in this year's renovation budget.

It's exciting to be able to offer a refreshed product for our valued guests, and I am happy that your experience was a positive one!

Kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have stayed here before and liked it so much. It is a little hard to find but the price and location is worth the price. Everything was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello, Robin L.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us!

I am always happy when our guests are happy, and hope to see you again on your next trip to our city!

Charlottetown, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

The location was in a very uninspiring section of Dartmouth, just above the u haul depot.The staff were friendly enough. It was clean, basic, with old carpeting and dated decor. The bed was comfortable. No restaurant, just continental breakfast in the lobby which we decided not to have. Will we be back?...No

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank Bryan and Jacqu... D
Brenda P, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Bryan and Jacqu... D:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us!

According to many of our guests, we are a hotel that offers a great deal of value for many people's vacation budget. As stated in a lot of reviews for our hotel, we are not as convenient for those who wish to walk to local amenities and attractions as a downtown hotel would be, nor do we have a restaurant on-site. However, we do offer a wide variety of complimentary amenities that other hotels charge a premium for, like wireless internet, hot breakfast, and parking, and there are many great restaurants that will deliver, or are in easy driving distance.

The last of our third floor rooms and suites are having their carpets replaced this week, after which all carpets in the hotel will have been replaced. The decor in the majority of our rooms has been updated as of our extensive renovations in 2012.

I'm sorry that our hotel may not have been the best match for what you needed during your time in Halifax. We hope that the next time you're looking for clean, comfortable accommodations with friendly service and outstanding value, you'll come see us again!

Brenda Perrin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Cambridge Suites - Halifax
Coastal Inn Dartmouth
#10 of 11 in Dartmouth

Been to Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth? Share your experiences!