“Travelodge Dartmouth”

Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I enjoyed everything but the breakfast could have included a bit more fruit.Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Brenda P, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Hello, Lloyd E!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us!

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Stocking fruit can be a tricky thing, as we do our best to ensure as little waste as possible while balancing that with offering a good selection of food overall in our breakfast. Our usual offerings are bananas, oranges and apples as our breakfast staples. If these were not available during your stay I apologize, and will address the issue with my staff. We have gotten great feedback since we brought the waffle station onto our breakfast!

We hope to have you as our guest again.

Take care,

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Most hotels in the area were booked so we took a chance on the Travelodge Suites, located across the harbour from Halifax in Dartmouth. It's low price had us reserved. But it came through very well. The staff were pleasant, the rooms very well equipped - ours had a separate room for kitchenette and tv, a bedroom with king sized bed and another tv. The beds were clean, fresh and nicely made up. The bathroom was clean and everything functioned well. The included breakfast was certainly acceptable, actually quite good.

One negative was the relatively isolated location. It is in a mainly industrial area with no restaurants near by. However it does have excellent access to both bridges so travel to the Halifax side was quite easy. A second negative was the noisy air conditioners of neighboring suites which woke is up in the night. But not a huge problem.

For the price, this was a good experience and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Brenda P, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Hello, Dan B!

Thank you for leaving a comment about your stay with us!

I am thrilled that our hotel met all of your needs, and that you enjoyed the layout of our 1-bedroom king suites. We have had many families agree that having a separate living area from the bedroom makes the stay more comfortable, and feels almost like a "mini-apartment".

I was so sorry to read that your sleep was interrupted by a noisy climate control unit in a neighbouring room. I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about the issue, so we can determine which room has the faulty unit and have it repaired so other guests don't experience the same issue. Feel free to contact me directly at (902) 465-4000, or by email at brenda.perrin@travelodgedartmouth.com.

It is always great news to read that a guest plans to return if in the area again, and I hope to be able to meet you personally when you do!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived in Halifax by train Sunday evening. We got a taxi to the Travelodge. We needed something to eat but all we saw was businesses. The person at the desk gave us a couple of menus of restaurants near by. She also gave us the bus schedule so we could go to the airport to get the rental car we had booked.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Hello, Kathryn A!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your stay!

Without a doubt, based upon the many comments we have read from our guests, we are a hotel that is best suited for visitors who have a vehicle. Though we may not be a good fit for those who prefer to be in the heart of a city's tourist destinations with a large variety of restaurants in walking distance, we aim to be a great option for those seeking good value for their travel dollars.

I am very happy to read that our staff were able to provide you with information for the services you needed, and hope you enjoyed one of the many great restaurants that will deliver, or that are near our hotel if you opted to go out.

Take care, and we'd love to see you again!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The experience was great.I love the place. I always feel welcome and it's nice and clean. The front dest people where very pleasant and every stay is great. I would and have told others to stay there. I work in Burnside Industrial Park so it's nice and close too.

Hello, Vince J!

Thank you for sharing your comments about your time spent with us.

It is a great credit to our staff to read that you are consistently treated in a friendly, welcoming manner, and that your room is consistently clean and well cared for. I am so glad to read that not only do they make this a great place to work, but a great place to stay.

We truly appreciate "ambassadors" like you, who refer your friends, family and coworkers to us based on your experience. We love our guests, and can't wait to have you with us once again!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Generally good overall experience. Heat exchanger was difficult to control and very noisy on startup, to the point of sleep interruption.

Hot portion of breakfasts are definitely becoming obviously "Reheated" and tasteless.

Dear, David H:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us!

Whenever a guest experiences an issue with our stay, we want to address it as soon as possible. I would welcome your direct contact so that we can find out which room you occupied, and fix the issue with the climate control unit in it so other guests do not experience the issue you did. My email is brenda.perrin@travelodgedartmouth.com, or you can call me at (902) 465-4000.

I was also sorry to read that you did not enjoy our breakfast. Our employees have worked to provide a hearty, flavourful variety of foods, and during our discussions about our fare we review guest comments provided, good and bad, to ensure a positive experience.

Take care, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I liked the quiet that surrounded our accomodations. little tricky to get to but that is a minor detail. Great access to major roadways. It is good to see that there is some updating done to the rooms, certainly is needed. In spite of that it was clean and comfortable. I will strongly consider this accommodation on our next trip because of the friendly and helpful staff that we had interactions with.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hello, ALDEN Z!

I appreciate the time you've taken to comment on your experience with us!

We pride ourselves on the reputation we've built over the years as a clean, comfortable, quiet accommodation for every type of traveller to enjoy. We have been a home away from home for many guests, and to have an even better facility for them to enjoy means a lot to us.

I look forward to your return, and hope you enjoyed your time in Halifax!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I enjoyed my stay very nice liked the room and the breakfest and computer acess very
nice rooms great location and I liked the bathroom and the service

Hello, Barry R!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us!

It is great to read that your experience with us was an enjoyable one! It's exciting to hear good feedback about our bathroom renovations (though we are still working on the bathtubs and surrounds). I am so glad that our location was convenient for you, and that our business centre in the lobby was a benefit to you.

We aim to have our guests experience exceptional service every time they visit, and I am always appreciative of our staff's efforts when I read comments such as yours.

We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Brenda Perrin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
Comfort Inn Halifax
Comfort Inn Halifax
#19 of 28 in Halifax
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

Been to Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth? Share your experiences!