“below adverage”

Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The price was ok. It was raining and we paid extra to make sure we had a drive up room. We had a drive up room BUT no parking space. We were traviiling with sports equipment and could not get aa parking spot anywere near our room . When I told the frount desk attendant he said he would look in to it . I told him all the parking spots were marked for each room. He never looked in to it or
Called my room to apoligize he was to busy chatting up the scruffy looking teens in the lobby. It was to late to get a new hotel at this point . The place smeled of really bad recently lit cigrette ahd the frount lobby chair which my son went to sit in had a large wet spot (hope it was water ) but looked worse. The breakfast was fair but no trays and you have to take it from the lobby to room 122. I usally book choice hotels for the rewards hut the night attendant said he could not give me my points for this . I will be calling choice rewards this is reduclus. The morning staff were great .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Patricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete the on-line survey. Your comments are very important to me. I will be communicating your concerns with my team.

I am very happy to tell you that this property will be 100% renovated later this year.

I hope to see you again, in the near future.

Patricia McQuillan

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The price was right. The rooms were clean and quiet. There was a bar across the street we had dinner at (service was excellent, food was o.k. but we were the only ones there). We ate at King of Donairs one night...food was horrible). Was in a convenient location. Wasn't impressed my credit cards were charged twice. I had asked if I could pay for the room on a different credit card and was assured it was in time. Instead it was charged to both cards and then one card was refunded (still waiting almost a week later for that money back) and no one told me until I called to inquire. The only other complaint is I wish they had had an elevator as we were on second floor and had to carry our bags. We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel.

Just to clarify, we had refunded the second credit card within a minute of charging it, as we realized the mistake. The delay in receiving your money back is because of the credit card company and their bank.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in July. The hotel offers an easy in and out of Halifax, just a short drive over the bridge. The staff were friendly and helpful. I booked through Hotwire, called and requested a top floor room with two beds, when I arrived, that's exactly what I got. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WillfromPhilly
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the online survey. We certainly do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night for an appointment in the city. We arrived at about 10pm, and checked out at about 10am, so I didn't spend a lot of time there. I got the room for a very good price, and I would say it was worth what I paid for it.

Staff - I only had interaction with one employee (the front desk agent the night we checked in) and that was great. She was very friendly and welcoming. There was a mix up and when we got to our room it was only one bed - I called the front desk and she was apologetic and very quickly got us a new room.

Location - the location is convenient to downtown Dartmouth and the bridge. However, it is on a very busy road, and so not necessarily a place I would want stay for an extended vacation.

Breakfast - food was adequate, good selection. However, there is no place to sit. You have to take your breakfast back to your room with you. For some that is probably fine, but just good to know.

Cleanliness - the hotel is a little outdated. The cleanliness was not great - there was a sticky coffee cup stain on the bedside table, so it obviously had not been cleaned. We also found a few things under the beds - bottle cap, a chip, etc. The bathroom itself had been cleaned, but there were dirty hand print stains on the back of the door - so it had not been cleaned either.

The worst part for me was the strong smell of cigarette smoke. It was quite strong in the hallway and the stairwell. Strong enough that I was trying to hold my breathe while walking through. At first the room didn't seem to smell, but that may have been because the smell was so strong in the hall. Later on at night, the smell in the room itself got much stronger.

If I were going to stay again, I would check the room for cleanliness before settling in. However, because of the cigarette smoke smell, I don't think I would stay again.

Room Tip: No elevator to second floor, so if you have any difficulty with stairs be sure to get a first floor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to complete this survey.

Just to clarify, we do have a breakfast room, just one room past the lobby, that has tables and chairs.

I am sorry that you did not find the room to be as clean as it should have been. I hope it will not prevent you from choosing Choice Hotels in the future.

Sincerely.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed 3 nights during January. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Booked the room online with smooth service. Coffee available at the front desk. The room was clean without cigarette smell. The rate was good as they do have a price match with online prices. It was totally unexpected. I can't complain with that

• Stayed: January 2014
Patricia McQ M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for reviewing the property and we look forward to the opportunity to have you stay again, in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I just stayed at the Comfort Inn Dartmouth last week. I tried to book online through 2 different sites, but for some reason I could not get the reservation confirmed. When I called the hotel, not only did they make the reservation for me, they also MATCHED the price online!! It was almost $10 below their asking price at the time. I will definitely call the hotel first, before making my next reservation online. They have always gone above and beyond for me and my family, and each time, I am more and more impressed!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! I WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Patricia McQ M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank You So much for your kind words. We truly appreciate all comments we receive. I will make sure to pass alloong you compliments to the entire staff.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very conveniently located next to the MacKay Bridge (new bridge) which was handy for heading into Halifax. Front desk staff were very helpful. The only thing that would make our stay better would have been an elevator to the 2nd floor

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia McQ M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and look forward to the opportunity to have you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Comfort Inn Halifax
Comfort Inn Halifax
#20 of 28 in Halifax

Been to Comfort Inn - Dartmouth? Share your experiences!