“Atmoshere Like Home”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
sydney
“Atmoshere Like Home”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

After reviewing some of the comments written about this hotel I felt obligated to write my own review. The Comfort Inn Dartmouth is always a pleasure to stay. The location is close to all amentities, extremely clean and with a very friendly staff who go over and above so your stay can be enjoying and relaxing. I have stayed at this hotel on several trips to Dartmouth and was present a few weekends over the past winter while there were sport teams present. For the most part after 10 o clock the hotel quieted down. Anyone who travels to hotels while there are sports teams present realize that at times it can get loud and have alot of kids present in the hallways. This one trip in April when I stayed there was a hockey tournament on called the SEDMA tournament. The noise and kids running up and down the hallways to the wee hours of the night was uncalled for. We were all kids at one time and all enjoyed a trip to a hotel with our friends. Kids will be kids but some control must be taken by the parents of these kids. That weekend was so loud and kids everywhere that the hotel had to bring in extra security to try to keep the kids controllable because some parents didnt have the respect of others to control their kids.

I spoke to the managment on the Saturday and they assured me that exrta security would be broght in so the hotels guests other than the teams could have somewhat of relaxing night.

Do not take me the wrong way but kids will be kids as we all were but its the parents that need to step up.

Hats off to the staff for keeping ALL guests in mind whether it was one room rented of 10.

Thanks,
Chris

• Liked — The Pillows And Beds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Older Comfort Inn fairly well kept. Small, quiet, clean room with a refrigerator and microwave. Limited continental breakfast in lobby. No breakfast room. Trays supplied to carry food back to your room. Close to ferry for 10 minute trip to Halifax. The Inn is not in a very good part of Dartmouth, but close to highway leading to Peggy's Cove.

• Liked — Close to ferry to Halifax.
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Fredericton
Reviewed April 11, 2008

We stayed at the hotel with our hockey team, The Fredericton Stingers, Midget AA , for the SEDMA hockey tournament. Quiet time was at 10pm which is understandable with hockey teams in the hotel but there is a big difference between quiet time and confinement. We thought we had booked into a hotel, not a prison! I can fully understand that if kids are running in the hallways or making noise, they should be spoken to and sent to their rooms. However, the private security personnel that you hired lacked any discretion and treated all kids, regardless of their age and their demeanour, as if they were prisoners and confined to cells! Our kids are young men between 15-18 years of age and for them not to be allowed or seen in the hallways after 10 pm is not acceptable.

We have used your chain of hotels for many tournaments over the years but I can tell you that we will be reluctant to do so in the future. Furthermore, I`m afraid that I will definitely not be able to recommend your hotel to any other hockey team seeking accommodation in Dartmouth, unless you are prepared to change your approach to security.

Quite honestly, I was glad to see the security personnel on hand upon arriving but as I said, they need some basic training in discretion, tact, and diplomacy! They did not do your hotel proud!

Stayed April 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Absolutely the worst hotel experience we have had in 11 years of travelling with sports teams. Quiet time was 10 pm to 8 am, which was fine, except that the security people expected us to lock our kids (15-18 years old) in their rooms like prisoners at 10 pm. They were hassled every time they tried to walk down the hall to go to their friends room or to go back to their own rooms, even when an adult was around. The kids were not being loud in the halls and were not creating a disturbance of any kind, but they were treated like criminals every time they stepped into the hallway. The hotel rules were quiet time, not room confinement time, but security wanted to act like they ruled the world. That will be the first and last time our family stays there and we will be sure to warn teams in our area of the poor treatment of our kids.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — treatment of teenagers
  • Stayed April 2008
ottawa
Reviewed December 3, 2007

In November, my husband and I travelled to halifax, to go house hunting, (we are posted there through the military), and to be honest, out of all the hotels we've stayed at, this was the cleanest, and kindest yet. From the moment we called for the reservation, to checkin, we were treated as if we were the most important people staying there. Housekeeping was so wonderful, our lady took such extra care with us and our children, we felt like we never left home.
The rooms were lovely and clean, all newly renovated, and so many things were free. The staff, (all of them) went so far above the call of duty. This is what people describe when they talk about the maritimes, and we feel we recieved the full benefit of "maritime hospitality"! My husband and I are even going back for New Year's, just because we know no other place will give us the lovely service that this hotel did. Bravo to the staff! You have found some loyal customers in our family!

• Liked — The Staff!
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Chester
Reviewed December 1, 2007

I just stayed at the hotel last week, and really enjoyed my stay. I decided to go into the city to do my Christmas shopping early. The staff gave me great directions to get to all the shopping malls, including the new Dartmouth Crossing. It was so close. I actually finished all my shopping during my stay.

Iwould definately reccommend this hotel to all my friends and co-workers. The roomsa were clean, bright and cozy. My room had an arm chair and foot stool, a small fridge and microwave (only downstairs). I was able to eat in my room and not have to wAste time and money at restaurants, though there were several close by.

They even have these new pillows. They feel like feather pillows, which was a concern, since I'm allergic, but they weren't. I just had to buy a couple of sets from them before I left. One for me and one for my parents.

Thank you to the satff for making my stay sooo enjoyable. I look forward to staying with them again the next time I an in Dartmouth.

• Liked — The Staff, theywere so friendly and helpful
  • Disliked — nothing!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
Virginia
Reviewed October 2, 2007

We decided to stay in Dartmouth instead of Halifax because of the price difference in hotels. The hotel is located just off the major highway and was easy to find. This hotel is a drive, not a walk, to the ferry terminal which goes to the Halifax waterfront. You are able to park your car there for the entire day for $10.00. Make sure you know when the garage closes, if you will be late. They have a system for allowing you to retrieve your car through security after hours. The ferry was $1.60pp each way for a senior fare. It was a relaxing trip over and sure beats fighting the traffic and the crazy signage(or lack of) of streets and routes. The Citadel was a 10 minute walk up a gradual incline. A free bus,"FRED", is available, but only runs every 45 minutes and there's really no schedule to find out when it will be at the designated stops( The Tourist Info Office needs to work on that)

The hotel has been recently redecorated. They rooms were large and the bedding soft with the addition of a mattress topper.
Towels large and soft. The only drawback was the carpeting in the hallways- it was stained on the second floor and I was dreading the room carpeting, but it was new and had a thick pad.

The lobby is small and you must take you Continental Breakfast (basic-nothing special) to your room to eat it. There was a sign there, as others have stated, telling you how many of each item your were allowed to have. I , too, have never seen that before. However, the lady was pleasant. There was a hockey team there and she didn't seem to be enforcing the rules with them.

The desk employees were pleasant and helpful and the room was clean and attractive.

• Liked — convience to Halifax and ease getting to location from major highway
  • Disliked — hallway carpeting
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spaceA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
Coastal Inn Dartmouth
Coastal Inn Dartmouth
#9 of 11 in Dartmouth
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth

Been to Comfort Inn - Dartmouth? Share your experiences!