“Fathers'Day Brunch”
Review of Nectar Restaurant and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Nectar Restaurant and Wine Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Modern contemporary design, at the cross roads of casual and upscale. We are well priced versus our competitive set. Almost nothing is purchased pre-prepared. We make our stocks from scratch. Our Foccacia and Fettuccine are also house made. Chef Stefan is a young, passionate, European trained culinarian. He has worked around the world to hone his craft...Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, the Muskokas and now Dartmouth. He eats, sleeps and breathes food, bringing excitement and a mentoring style to the kitchen. He can get excited about a bunch of kale or a tenderloin...If it is perfect! In his words "you have to respect and honour the food". We are a 4 minute walk from the Halifax ferry on the Dartmouth side of the harbour.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have lived in Dartmouth for many years and up until recently felt the need to travel to Halifax for a good dining experience. Fortunately that has changed and I believe Nectar Restaurant and Wine Bar has met the high standards of the establishments in Halifax. Having read the prior reviews I do not think it is necessary to repeat the same information but only to add, it was definitely the best Eggs Benedict I have ever eaten. I was not aware of the outdoor patio but will definitely make it a destination on a warm summer day.

ihurst, Owner at Nectar Restaurant and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Nova Scotia Betty

I appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. It was a very very busy day. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it so much.....the Eggs Benedict in particular. I will pass this on to Chef Stefan.

Again thanks.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

What a great night at Nectar last night. Live music, excellent food, excellent wine, excellent service. My husband had the pork loin and he doesn't normally rave about food - but he had reason to rave about this one - it was tender, juicy and delicious. I had the arctic char and am already looking forward to the next time I have it:). Decor is funky chic and the whole place has a laid back easy going vibe. Live music was great - it happened to be CD launch for Jazz artists Georges Hebert and Garth Proude. They brought up different singers throughout the night to join them and it was just awesome. Such a great way to kickstart the weekend.

Hello Pat

Thank you for the great comments. It was a great night with all of the jazz artist. I am pleased you and your husband had such a positive experience!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Friendly staff, lovely atmosphere! My husband and I had the recommended arctic char and were not disappointed. It was sooooo good. I usually don't finish everything on my plate but I did this time. I will definitely come back and will recommend Nectar to my friends and family. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Luc632
ihurst, Owner at Nectar Restaurant and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Luc632

Thank you for the great comments! We get a great responses on the char. It is a delcacy of Northern Canada. I will pass them on the Chef Stefan and all of the staff involved. We hope to see you in again soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a fine dining restaurant in Dartmouth with delicious food. They easily accommodated our 10 person lunchtime business meeting. Everyone was satisfied with their meals. The menu isn't extensive but they have a number of choices with some interesting twists on some old standards. Try the ham & Swiss sandwich. Save room for some bonoffee pie for dessert.

Staff were very helpful, had good suggestions and were very attentive.

Décor is very modern & chic. There's outdoor dining in the back. Restaurant is located in the downtown Dartmouth area.

1  Thank tshep42
ihurst, Owner at Nectar Restaurant and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Tshep42

Thank you for the kind comments. We were pleased you chose Nectar and I do thank you for the great review also. I will pass it on to Chef Stefan and the servers!

Ian (Cel 476 7861)

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at Nectar recently, for the first time, and was not disappointed. Each course was perfectly prepared - visually appealing and thoroughly delicious. The artic char I had for a main was particularly mouth-watering. The wine pairings were ideal and the service was impeccable - we were even lucky enough to have the owner, Ian, offer some insights into the chef's culinary wizardry and the restaurant's mission to maximize local sourcing. Nectar is a hidden gem. And with our waiter advising that there is a very pleasant outdoor patio at the back (with live music sometimes), my next visit may very well be on a warm early-summer evening...

2  Thank DJM878
ihurst, Owner at Nectar Restaurant and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Hello DJM

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your great comments! I will pass them on to Chef Stefand and the serving staff. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Ian Hurst