“Great atmosphere, delicious food”
Review of Two If By Sea

Two If By Sea
Ranked #14 of 276 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Neighborhood: Dartmouth Centre
Neighborhood: Dartmouth Centre
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by TIBS several times during our visit to Halifax. The coffee is fantastic, hot chocolate delicious, and croissants are buttery amazingness.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Well... I have always been a fan of this place and CRAVE their croissants. I see many complaints about being too big, and not french. Well, that's their style and they are not trying to make french pastry. As for too big, that is the most ridiculous complaint or comment EVER. They are $5 each and are easily shared by 2-3 people. Anyway... they are the best you can get in the city hands down. Personally, the french croissants you get most places are heated from frozen, and anywhere you go you to get Pain au Chocolat there is that cheap little skinny piece of hard chocolate inside which blows. At least here you get, when you order one it oozes chocolate.

The atmosphere is wonderful, the music is most enjoyable and the service is quick. They make some of the best espresso based drinks in the city as well. Truly a great place to check out when visiting or if you are looking to try something else.

I have also always enjoyed their drip coffee and they use to use a few small local roasters for their supplier of coffee beans. However, coming back home for a visit I noticed they started roasting their own coffee under the Anchor branding. Packaging is nice and simple, but for $16/lb your NOT worth that yet. I suppose its up for debate based on personal opinion. They use beans from Costa Rica which I believe has some amazing beans. What they do to the beans I do not know but the coffee is SUPER ACIDIC and not very enjoyable. Almost like drinking tea as it is a bit weak and missing the rich flavour I was use to enjoying when I visited (which was frequently). I suggest getting some advise from the roasters you once used to help you succeed with the newest part of the brand.

All in all, Two if by Sea is a great coffee shop but adjust the coffee or lower your price.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Fantastic coffee, what more can I say! I had a latte and its quality rivalled any I have tasted. Friendly service, too. It is always nice to support independent stores that have an individual approach.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

TIBS is a very popular place to grab a coffee and "be seen"! Actually, we used to go rather regularly until I began to notice that the coffee was a bit pricey and the baked goods really weren't the best in town... Greasy croissants and cookies that are way, way too big. I still like to go once in a while to see and be seen ;)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

While out exploring the city on foot, dropped in for a nice break. Ordered a "pain of chocolat" (we call them "pain de chocolat" at home!) and a large latte. Both were delicious although be warned, (a) all their baked goods are huge - I asked for mine to be cut in two and took half home for tomorrow - and (b) do not expect French baking here, they are making the Canuck varieties, albeit very well. Staff was very friendly and service excellent. Music not to my personal taste but likely to theirs! Clean washrooms with cute kids artwork. They also sell coffee beans, and a cookbook if you want to try their recipes at home. Worth a detour!