Arriving after a long flight the Hampton Inn is easy to reach from the airport. It is located in a new commercial area, so it could happen that the address is not in the GPS. Be prepared for this.
The staff was very attentive and helpful on arrival. Our room was very spacious and well equipped, but it was dark. The window was directed to some kind of atrium, giving not much way to sunlight. The switch on the entrance door only operated a small light in the entrance and the room still was somewhat dark. We had to use a torch to find our way into the room and to all the switches on the lights. Every light is directly switched on/off with the usual switch. So, you have to prepare your way from bathroom to bed with strictly turning all the lights off.
The environment of the hotel offers some pubs and restaurants reachable by a short drive or walk. The hotel offers no bar or restaurant, so you have to go outside.
What really made me rate down this location was the breakfast. There was a selection of cereals and food but no crockery. You have to use the styrofoam and plastic stuff they offer, with two large wastebins neasr the buffet. Every breakfast out in the forrest during camping tastes better than eggs with plastic fork from a styrofoam dish. Seating was more lobby style than for having something to eat, so very uncomfortable.
The hotel was ok for a stay of just one night, but clearly no recommendation for longer stays. There are hotels in the airport area with proper crockery for less money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Halifax-Dartmouth is located in the heart of the city of lakes, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and the popular shopping district Dartmouth Crossing. The only hotel in Dartmouth Crossing, the Hampton Inn & Suites is 15 minutes from Halifax Stanfield International Airport, 2 minutes from Burnside Business Park and 10 minutes from downtown Dartmouth and Halifax for attractions, restaurants and the lively Halifax waterfront. The 163 room hotel offers a combination of spacious guestrooms and suites and is a 100% non-smoking environment. The Hampton Inn & Suites Halifax-Dartmouth offers modern amenities, an indoor oversized pool with a 150' water slide, a fitness centre and is pet friendly. Convenient self parking is plentiful as well as valet parking. Guests can enjoy the Hampton on the House full hot breakfast complimentary or take advantage of the Hampton on the Run breakfast to go. The Hampton Inn & Suites on-site convenience store makes it easy for guests who wish to take advantage of the amenities in their suite such as a fridge and microwave to dine in the comfort of their stylish suite and enjoy their favourite TV show or on-demand movie on the large screen TV. For long term stays, coin laundry and valet service make it easy to maintain your wardrobe even while away from home. Business travelers will especially enjoy the Business Centre with complimentary printing services and meetings bookings are made easily with the Hampton Inn & Suites online booking tool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites By Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth Hotel Dartmouth
- Hampton Inn Dartmouth
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth Nova Scotia