“I definitely will never return!!!”

Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar
Ranked #17 of 262 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Trendz Restaurant & Wine Bar Located in the Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, is a hiddem gem in Dartmouth. An upscale-casual restaurant, Trendz focuses on using the freshest Nova Scotian ingreadients to ensure your whole dining experience will be a memorable one
Sydney, Canada
“I definitely will never return!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

My wife and I came to Halifax for a weekend and stayed downtown. Thought that we would try the top 3 restaurants in Halifax as per trip advisor. Well, it was so busy at Chives (must be good!) we couldn't get in without a reservation so we thought we would start with #2. First of all, Trendz is located in Dartmouth, not Halifax and we had to drive across the bridge to get there. Very inconvenient! Next when we arrived, there was no problem getting in because there were only a few other people there. We did have to wait up to 5 minutes at the door because there was no one in sight. The layout was very open and not very intimate. The food was quick getting out, but both my wife and I thought that the food was very salty and it makes me wonder why all the salt? Maybe since the food has no flavor, they would have to cover it up somehow. The Chef definitely doesn't know how to cook and should be ashamed of this quality. Maybe he should get in touch with Chef Ramsey on Kitchen Nightmares? Once the bill came, we thought that it was very expensive for what little we had. We actually stopped by Subway after for a snack to take back to our hotel. Overall, I do not think that this restaurant deserves to be this high on the list and any other restaurant in Halifax and Dartmouth would easily blow this one away. I would never recommend Trendz to anyone as it is a definite waste of time and money!!!! Trendz restaurant, it is time for a new Chef since this one clearly doesn't know good taste!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank foxtrot900
JRedman2, Manager at Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
We certainly appologize for your bad experience here at Trendz, We are very proud of both our food & our dartmouth location and we are sad to hear that both of these issues disapointed you on your trip to trendz. No excuses for what happened we let you down and that is not acceptable.Everyone can have an off night and we invite you back to Trendz to try something else on our menu and to show you what we can really do. We hope you give us another try and we are sure you wont be disapointed.

Bedford, Canada
“Perfect Valentines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

Now that I live in HRM, I figured I'd go back to Trendz for my Valentines Dinner after arriving back from down south.
I am so happy I did. Kelly our server was a delight and helped make the night perfect. I had the Tenderloin and my girlfriend had the Haddock. Both were prepared perfectly and served promptly. I have a Saporo on tap and my Girlfriend had a glass of red wine.
This night they were playing romantic jazz which really set a nice mood.

I continue to go back to Trendz for business lunches and I am never dissappointed. I feel lucky to have an office in Burnside and work within 5 mins of Trendz. Try it, you will not be dissappointed.

• Visited February 2011
3 Thank notkevin
halifax
“Amazing Valentines dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

We arrived without a reservation and the friendly staff were extremely accommodating!! Although the restaurant was filled we waited only moments for a table. The atmosphere was warm and relaxing. Two of us ordered the Valentines special and two ordered from the regular menu and all guests were floored with the presentation and taste. My friends said the Caeser salad was the absolute best they had ever had and I had to agree, as I have had it before but wanted to try the Valentines special this time. The special included a lobster spring roll, which was amazing and I can't even describe the taste in words it was that good. The main course included beef wellington which arrived and again we were blown away! We choose the cheesecake as our dessert and when it arrived it was in the shape of a heart which was very fitting for the night, it was delicious. All in all, we throughly enjoyed our evening. Our waitress, Kelly treated us great and we can't wait to go back.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank jamsieHalifax
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not What I had of hoped”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

I read the other 18 reviews and everyone talked this restaurant up to be high and mighty. I first got there it wasn't busy but I waited to be seated for 5 minutes.
The service came we sat and tried to figure out what we wanted to eat. The waitress gave us a 5 minute speel on how deliciious there Caesar salad was and there home made dressing. Then the waitress came back and said they don't make there home made
Dressing anymore and it's been over a month since they changed the menu yet she was unaware of this. Then my gf got an entree of Annapolis chicken and it was dry and over cooked. Overall a bad trip air head waitress and a waste of money.

1 Thank Quinnshady
JRedman2, Manager at Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
I certainly appologize for your poor experience at Trendz, We expect more from both the food & service. At the time the kitchen was in the process of making some changes to some menu items and I am proud to note that we are back to making our own dressing, so in the defence of our server they had changed things on her. But regardless we want to ensure that everyone who comes to trendz has an enjoyable experience. We would love for you to give us another try and we are confident you will leave happy.

- Trendz cafe & wine bar manager
Moncton, Canada
“Worth the Money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

I decided to go the extra mile and surprise my boyfriend with a trip to Halifax on his birthday. As we were staying at a B&B I knew we would have to make an alternate plan for dinner. I read the reviews and booked a table for two. I have to say that the restaurant lives up to its name! It was trendy, intimate and the food was absolutely delicious. I order their famous crab cakes and, I got to say, I wasn't disappointed. They were moist and so flavourful. The service was impeccable and as we were the only people in the restaurant (it was a Sunday night before Thanksgiving) we could sit anywhere we liked. Our waiter was charming and friendly. We both had cheesecake for dessert and it too was delicious. I would definitely recommend this place! We're going back there soon and I can't wait to have those crab cakes again.

3 Thank malaika4rmzim