“A Hidden Gem”

Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar
Ranked #17 of 275 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Trendz Restaurant & Wine Bar Located in the Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, is a hiddem gem in Dartmouth. An upscale-casual restaurant, Trendz focuses on using the freshest Nova Scotian ingreadients to ensure your whole dining experience will be a memorable one
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I found this "GEM" on tripadvisor and hastily booked an anniversary dinner.
It is located in a Best Western Hotel in an industrial area of Halifax/Dartmouth known as Burnside. A safe area to visit any time of day or night. If you are not staying at the hotel it is easily accessible by car or taxi....well worth the ride.
The restaurant is smaller and open however you are not sitting on top of other patrons. It felt spacious and surroundings are very comfortable.
Seating was immediate and service is excellent.
Food was amazing and lots of it. The menu was varied however not complex. It is one restaurant that presented a menu of its size that I would not hesitate to try anything.
Wine was excellent and beer on tap was equally as good.
I would classify my meal as gourmet without paying a premium price.
The bill came to $100 which included appetizers and main course along with dessert and drinks. We spent two hours at the restaurant and left feeling full and very satisfied.
I only wish I had discovered this gem before this.

3  Thank cigarman123
There are newer reviews for Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar

Reviewed September 23, 2010

We were greeted and seated in seconds. It wasn't too busy and our server Chantel was able to spend time with us. First hit: water with, not lemon, but cucumber at Chantel's suggestion - this was super! Next hit - diverse, clear menus - nothing over $18 on the lunch menu and Chantel again provided knowledgble details about preparation and specials. Next - fresh hot from the oven bacquette with maple butter. Next hit - lunch on the table within 7 minutes - we barely had time for the usual chit chat. For me ginger carrot soup - right temperature, bang on flavour - chicken sandwhich on superb bread, correct portions of veggies and seasoning. For him, Tandoori (?sp)soup, large bowl with loads of veggies and just right spice - mushroom phyllo pastry (dissolved in his mouth) with risotto. Just the right amount of food for lunch. Another hit - presentation - simple & elegant serviceware, plate decoration ditto; soft but audible bluesjazzsoul playing. After we expressed interest in the menus and wine offerings, all the menus were provided to us for review and questions. Jonathan was kind enough to talk to us about the wine list (every continent, many regions & styles, easy classifications and ahead of the curve choices) and menu architecture, including a sneak peek at next month's 3 course seasonal dinner offering. We declined lunch because of dietary restrictions :P A great lunch experience, one we will repeat! I almost forgot my handbag while admiring the glass, walk in wine vault! Thanks Trendz! Toni & George

2  Thank ToniandGeorge
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I've been to Trendz Cafe and Wine Bar many times. The food, the wine, the people, the ambiance... everything is simply amazing. Their soups and sauces are delicious! Actually, all the choices are delicious. Every time I go to Halifax, I book a room at the Best Western in Dartmouth Crossing and eat at Trendz (the hotel's restaurant) at least once. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Jolene_Isabelle
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We have been to the Trends on a few occasions while staying at the Best Western (which houses the Trendz) and we were very impressed by the decor, but most importantly the food! We were a table of 16 or so and everyone ordered different things on the menu and everyone was extremly impressed with the food! Absolutely delicious!

Trendz = Upscale decor and food but very reasonably priced!

#1 in my book.

2  Thank SalmoItalian
Reviewed August 12, 2010

From the lobster risotto to the beef tenderloin and even the full breakfast buffet (complimentary), all very good!!! The atmosphere as well as the service are also very good. I am always looking forward to my Dartmouth trips and to dine at Trendz. Always a great experience!!!

2  Thank LouisBreau