“very relaxed atmosphere”

Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar
Ranked #17 of 282 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Trendz Restaurant & Wine Bar Located in the Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, is a hiddem gem in Dartmouth. An upscale-casual restaurant, Trendz focuses on using the freshest Nova Scotian ingreadients to ensure your whole dining experience will be a memorable one
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my first time at this restaurant. A few of us stopped in for an appetizer and a drink after a long meeting. Wait staff were friendly and the food was very tasty. Loved the bruschetta and the calamari. Will definitely go back again. A little hidden gem.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
shannon r, Manager at Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We also like to think that we are a hidden gem! Trendz is the perfect spot for an after work drink, date night, or corporate dinner. We are glad that you enjoyed your snacks and beverages, and invite you to come back and enjoy one of our dinner entrees. Fresh, local, and prepared with pride.....you will not be disappointed!

Thanks again, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My father organized my after wedding dinner at Trendz, he had nothing but good things to say with the lady he spoke to organizing everything. They were VERY accommodating in every way. Our dinner was delicious, perfect even..and the wait service was incredible. We had one waiter but the other one kept stopping in to make sure the temperature of the room was good, and that everything was great. The atmosphere was perfect. Thanks everyone for your hard work in making our special day very memorable, fun and relaxing :)

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

We are delighted that you chose to celebrate your special day with us at Trendz. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Congratulations, and all the best to you both!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

While this restaurant is associated with the motel, it certainly warrants to be classified and stand-along fine dinning place. We used it because it was in the Best Western Plus were stopped at after a long day of driving. We did not want to go out so thought we would use the attached facilities. This is not usually our choice since we have had bad luck with eating facilities attached to motels. This one is fantastic.
The food choices were varied and covered all appetites and diets. The service was THE best.

1  Thank NicheAssociates

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our food and service. We hope that you will stay and dine with us again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Based on the fact that this restaurant had excellent reviews, we decide to give it a go.
The waiters were lazy and had no idea what certain menu items were, tables were not properly cleaned, the food was mediocre at best and the atmosphere was unpleasant.
My first impression of this establishment was that it was a higher class, nicer restaurant. I couldn't have been more incorrect. The place was crawling with children and people wearing sweatpants and bathing suits.. I apologize, but if I go to a restaurant that requires reservations, that's not what I expect to see.
Overall, I was incredibly disappointed with everything about the experience.
The food is absolutely not worth the price and I regret tipping the waiter seeing as the food was barely warm, our glasses spent the majority of our stay and he even brought incorrect dishes to the table.
Do not go here. It's not worth it.
Check out about her restaurant where you'll pay less and enjoy your meal far more.

3  Thank Meaganmc

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience here at Trendz, and as you can tell by the other reviews this is not normal for our service and cuisine. We take pride in the standards that we follow and assure you that your visit is an anomaly. We would be happy to have you back and show you the real experience that we provide!

Thanks again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I went here based on reviews.....what a mistake that was.
When you enter, you are told to "sit anywhere" to me that is not the way to do it. Please show me to a table.
Service was slow, people who had come in well after us were served way before we were. Not impressed!

Meal arrived just barely warm........it had obviously been sitting for a bit........I ordered steak which was overcooked, I asked for medium not well....it was rather "chewy".
Second meal also arrived "warm", but at least the salmon was cooked to perfection, risotto was okay but vegetables on both plates were more than a la dente.......should have served hummus with the meal so we could have dipped our "raw veggies".

Ordered chocolate brulee for dessert, which was chocolate pudding, very "loose" not your typical brulee......

Our water glasses were never refilled........and we were left sitting with dirty plates in front of us, until we ourselves put them across the table.

We paid 75.00 for 2 people with no drinks and it was not worth the money. I would suggest go to Wendy's or Burger King, your money would be better spent and your meal more enjoyable.

I have no idea how this place got such a "glowing" report on Trip Advisor, it certainly does not deserve it.

Very disappointed that I wasted so much money on a sub standard meal.

1  Thank jjejermaster
shannon r, Manager at Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Good Day jjejermaster,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We do have “glowing” reviews from Tripadvisor guests and also professional reviewers and we are proud of those reviews. It is very obvious that you did not enjoy the same service that these folks consistently get.

We take all suggestions seriously and our Food and Beverage Director will be taking the time to look into the service on the night in question. We will contact our supplier and ask them about the AAA Angus Beef that you were served to make sure that getting the highest quality.

Please consider joining us again as I can assure you that this is an isolated incident. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon.