“New hotel, close to Dartmouth Crossing”

Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
“New hotel, close to Dartmouth Crossing”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

New hotel. Nice pool & hot-tub. Free breakfast included home-fries, scrambled eggs, ham & the usual continental choices. Location was easy to get to and less than a mile from Dartmouth Crossing (shopping complex).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CBM_20
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2010
Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Eastern Passage, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Good then bad. Great complimentatry breakfast with fresh food and many options. Restaurant where breakfast was served is in the hotel, also has good room service throughout the day. Service at the front desk very helpful and responded to most complaints well; check-in and out were easy at the desk. Parking free and very convenient. Front entrance welcoming. Business centre through small had good computers and a printer for use. Beds, chairs, desk and bathroom very comfortable. Location just off the Circumfrential highway which was very convenient for my trip. Got the reasonable internet rate and it was easy to book online.

Bad. Perhaps I got the worst room because of the rate, I'm not sure. The heater was very loud when it turned on, and having discussed with another guest, at least two rooms required the thermostat to be set at 30 to get 20 degrees, if we could put up with the loud heater. Wireless internet access was plentiful but not working - front desk helped by giving me a long cable which worked well. Television remote control didn't work but front desk sent someone up who was able to reprogram it quickly.

Didn't try the pool but there is one. Best overall was breakfast and worst was the heater in the room. In retrospect I am sure the front desk would have sent someone to fit it or given me a new room if it was an isolated problem.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We realize that you have a choice of many excellent accommodations in Dartmouth and we are happy that you choose the Best Western Dartmouth Hotel and Suites.
We appreciate the positive comments about your stay. Unfortunately there seemed to be a couple of maintenance issues in your room that affected your stay. Some we were able to fix and I am happy about that but it seems as if the one that impacted your stay the most is the one you did not report. As you had said in your review, if you had reported it, I am sure we could have accommodated you. This amount of issues is unusual in our rooms, I assure you. We have a preventative maintenance program in place which has served us very well. We have great communication between our housekeeping and maintenance staff and we are on top of things for the most part.
As far as your rate effecting your room placement, being a new hotel only open for 2 years, I do not see any of our rooms being substandard to any other rooms. We do have suites that we charge extra for but most of our rooms are the same. We do not discriminate because of rate; we assign all rooms upon check in.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
montreal
Reviewed May 14, 2010

It is a very nice hotel, beds are very comfortable with duvet comforters, gym is a great set-up. Really nice restaraunt, not too expensive, but good food. Shopping malls five minutes away, and only a 10 minute cab ride to downtown Halifax.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank pussycatmontreal
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
Thank you very much for your great review. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Antigonish, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed at this hotel over two nights in order to attend the funeral of a family member in Halifax. I picked this hotel for location, price, and because of the good reviews it had been getting.
Located in the Burnside Industrial Park, this hotel offers easy access to Dartmouth and Halifax. I was surprised how close we were to the new shopping location in Dartmouth (Dartmouth Crossing)
I had booked two or three days prior and check in was quick. The lobby is comfortable and staff are welcoming and helpful.
We were booked into a room on the fourth floor, with a view of Burnside. The room was very clean, beds comfortable. Nice flat screen TV and lots of hot water. We spent a quiet night and got up the next morning early (7) had a swim in the nearly emplty pool and a sit in the hot tub. My husband made use of the exercise room. Compliementary hot and cold buffet was fine, with quite a few selections - I would recommend that there be more fruit available..
We attended the funeral that day and alot of our family ended up back at the hotel with us. I had read that the food in Trendyz was very good and reasonable and went to speak to the manager to see if they could arrange for 15 people for dinner. We were graciously accommodated. People ranged from young to old and all found something on the menu to suit. The fish and chips looked especially yummy. I ordered a chicken dish and it was very good. We were happy to find a quiet spot to eat together as a family after an especially tough day. I found the prices to be reasonable.
Another family member also stayed and we met later in the wine bar. Good service, comfortable and cosy.
Check out was quick and easy.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2010
Thank you so much for your great review. I am so glad that our hotel's atmospere and comfort helped with the family time that you needed. We are very proud of our team at Trendz and I will be passing your compliments along to them.
We look forward to your return.
l'ardoise
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We enjoyed our night stay so much we spent an extra night.Rooms are big and clean.Great service,big pool nice hot tub.Convenietly located by shopping.I would recommend it to everyone.Hopefully going back this month.Brad Stevens cape breton

1 Thank brad71
Thank you for your great endorsement. We look forward to your return.
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Stayed there with my family including 5 and 8 year olds...they loved the pool...I LOVED the beds!!! The dreamiest beds and linens.. EVER! Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NovaScotiaTravellor
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My family and I decided to take a leisure trip to Dartmouth for the weekend. Having had such a wonderful experience during our last stay we decided to try the Best Western in Dartmouth once again. I was very pleased to say that our choice did not disappoint. Once again were welcomed by the wonderful courteous staff. The rooms are still immaculate and the smell of the freshly washed linens and duvet covers( which I have been told are laundered daily) unlike many hotels I have stayed in where I would not even sit on the bedspread for fear of what I might catch, shows that this hotel gives that extra little bit for their customers. Once again the breakfast was amazing. Offering not only the usual continental they also include a hot buffet of eggs/ham/sausage/ and homefries. Did I mention that the entire breakfast was FREE. With a love for travel, my family and I have stayed in many hotels and this one is by far our favorite. I applaud the management and staff of the hotel, they certainly have the right people in the right places.

1 Thank crosby109
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown

Been to Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!