“Horrible staff. The owners wife is rude.”
Review of Peking Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peking Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 145 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
“Horrible staff. The owners wife is rude.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I use to love coming here over the years!! However, the owners wife, I believe her name is Bernadette, is the rudest person and clearly doesn't want business. She is making the business go down hill and turning away customers. I was There today and the hours clearly state closed at 8pm and 3 customers came in at around 730 ( not together) and she said "hurry up and order because the kitchen is closing". I was also there about a month ago and a sports team walked in around 7 and she turned them down because they kitchen was getting ready the close.. So many people I have talked to love the food but won't go there because of her ( very rude to customers). If they want to do better business they need to get rid of her!! Every time I left I said this is the last time I will go because she is beyond mean and rude, but I gave it a few chances. However, until the staff start to treat the customers a little better I will not be returning. It's unfortunate because the food is awesome and great location!

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank Caper321

Sydney, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We love the authentic chinese food, the service is excellent.
Atmosphere is very warm feeling with lovely chinese accents.

• Visited January 2014
Cheticamp, Canada
“Great food, good value”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Chinese food was delish, friendly service, though booze service could have got faster, but it is a restaurant, not a bar or pub..... Food had usually always been thumbs up at The Peking Restaurant...... Value is good, location okay, but little parking but that's the downtowns everywheres......Sydney is no different.......I'm always happy eating out so no cpmplaints here....im not the type to look for faults, if they are obvious then i would mention it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank CLAUDEBO88
Grand Etang, Canada
“Love the food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

For being a vegan, I don't have many options on food in restaurants. That's why I love Peking's so much, I can go in and order food of the menu and know it's vegan when it comes to me. I brought my nephew with me this trip and he's on a special diet as well and truly enjoyed his food especially the spring roll. My sons favorite thing here is the panfried dumplings. They also make excellent Shirley temple's.

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Not bad for Syndey”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Don't expect much in little town of syndey and you will be pleasantly surprised! Definitely the food is not toronto standard or up to par with chinese standard but it will do if you feel like chinese food - owners seem like authentic chinese and gave good service!

• Visited September 2013