“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Dartmouth, Canada
“Wonderful Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here, revisiting Cape Breton after 25 years for our anniversary. I found the place on line and liked the location and look of the rooms. It was great for us, we loved the room. Saw a couple other rooms and they are all different but very nice.
We are hockey fans and were able to watch the game in the common room on big screen with comfortable leather furniture. It is a great location, you can walk to many shopping and food places. We really enjoyed the pub next door Governors. Lastly the staff here are wonderful.
Not in your face, but if you needed anything you would have it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank findog2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dartmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

What an incredible place! I was in town for business and did not arrive in town until 10:30 pm. Gina made sure I had everything I needed for my arrival. I was generously upgraded without even having to make a request to a large one bedroom suite. It was beautiful. The bed was perhaps more comfortable than mine at home! I was not sure if I would need to stay a second night and I was again kindly accommodated with a later check out once I knew for sure. Will come back for pleasure! This is the place to stay in Sydney.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Angela W
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed during Christmas holidays. Beautiful old hotel. All updated! Staff were amazing. Great breakfast and fruit etc all day.
Made our stay and Christmas fantastic.
Will stay next time in Sydney.
Thank you!!!! We highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank JUDYT1
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Clean and comfortable, with lovely period furniture. And centrally located with a view of the harbor. Breakfast was always a treat with many fine choices, including wonderful coffee and fresh fruit.

The owner's daughter, Allison, who could easily win the miss Canada beauty pageant, is as charming as she is pretty. My wife and I had paid for a five night stay, however we had been travelling for three weeks and believed that we had to be at our next stop some four hours away on the Cabot Trail.

Imagine our surprise when the innkeeper informed us that we were not expected until the following night! We called Allison who had wondered why we had checked out! She immediately offered to credit one night on my Amex card, which saved the situation. These are honest and trustworthy hosts to say the least and we owe them a debt of gratitude.

We highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ray47
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were unfortunately in town for not the best set of circumstances and staying at the spanish bay in made us feel right at home. The layout was spectacular and the staff went above and beyond to make aure we felt at home. Clean,quiet and comfotable what more can you ask for?

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kshep123
LaSalle, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

this is just like staying with friends,only they don't bother you but they are there when you need them.the staff,gina,linda and allison couldn't be better,very friendly and easy going.the apartment was very comforrtable.the building was quiet.the noise came from the holiday inn across the street.this was like home.very casual.the room was comfortable,easy parking,great location steps from the harbour.you helped yourself for breakfast.you come and go.the staff comes and goes.just like a little club!join it.you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: i hesitate to say this because we want it all for ourselves.book early.this is a major find.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank redpoint
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently stayed here for the first time while in Sydney for work. I arrived late one night and was met by one of the staff for my late check in, which was much appreciated. I had a great room, and it was nice to have a kitchen area for a 3 night stay as the restaurant choice in Sydney is fairly limited. The room was very clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was great and fully stocked with everything. Parking was convenient at the back of the hotel. Breakfast was serve yourself, and I found there to be a good selection that would probably satisfy anyone.
My only complaint was that it could be a bit noisy with people outside in the evening, but nothing that the hotel can do about that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 78review
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront
Comfort Inn Sydney
Comfort Inn Sydney
#4 of 7 in Sydney
Hearthstone Inn Sydney
At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn

Been to Spanish Bay Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!