“Beautiful coffee house!”
Review of Doktor Luke's

Doktor Luke's
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Sydney
Description: We look forward to welcoming you to Doktor Luke's in Downtown Sydney. Our espresso bar has everything a coffee aficionado could dream of, and our baristas have been trained by our own master roaster. If you don't drink coffee, you'll find hot apple cider and hot chocolate alongside a collection of black, herbal, and green teas. We also serve a host of creative cold drinks, including our wildly popular frappes, made with Ghirardelli cocoa, and Italian sodas. We also offer an assortment of delectable baked goods, ranging from croissants to our famous pumpkin chocolate chip loaf. We are an independent coffee house, dedicated to our customers' delight and the planet's longevity. Here is where taste and ethics meet.
Halifax, Canada
“Beautiful coffee house!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Coziest coffee house I've ever visited! Love it! Missy and Julie are the best, and their coffee is great too!

Sydney, Canada
“My favourite place in Sydney”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This beautiful little spot is my absolute favourite place in Sydney. I have spent at least half of my life hanging out in coffee shops around the world (really, it's a bit of a habit...), and this is one of my favourites. Missy and Julie genuinely make you feel like you're hanging out in their living room. The decor is fantastic - understated with just a bit of kitsch. The view is gorgeous - even when it's miserable outside. And, the coffee is delicious. I always order a bucket of dark roast. Someday, I'm sure they'll actually serve it to me in a bucket... perhaps with a snorkel.

When you come to Sydney, make sure Doktor Luke's is on your list of places to visit. I've already gotten in trouble from some of my friends for not telling them about it sooner.

5 Thank Jaichan
Sydney, Canada
“A respectable space for respectable cup of hospitality”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

In the midst of the hustle and bustle of the daily grind there is a inviting oasis of warm beverages and company adjacent to Sydney's down-town. The Western motif greets you and comforts as much as the coffees and teas. It has the feel of all that is tried and true and that is before you place an order.
The proprietors always have genuine smiles ready to greet you and make you welcome. After making your selection(s) of drink and/or treat (from an array worthy of the best Nana's kitchen), it's off to the extremely cozy seating area with the most unspoiled view of the Sydney harbour. Florence (as I've come to learn is the name of the wondrous steam machine) fills the air with best aromas as she also fills your mug.
Once your selection is ready, there is no issue with having trouble relaxing with your beverage. This simple space lends itself to conversation, scrabble, chess, books, the day's paper, enjoying the view, and/or any combination of the lot.
You can tell that the owners care about your comfort and enjoyment of your time there.
After each visit I find myself planning my next trip there.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Dennis G
“Deliciously Welcoming!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I'm head over heels in Love with Doktor Luke's Coffee House.
Their coffee is seriously ruining me for all other coffee!!! I don't think I knew what good coffee truly tasted like until I had their dark roast. Don't even get me started about their Chai Latte, it's orgasmically delicious !

The venue itself is simple, with all the business (espresso machines, registers, etc) up front of the shop and the sitting area a separate room in the back. My favourite seat is by the window so I can see the Harbour while sipping my coffee.

Last but not least, this cafe is LGBTQ friendly, a truly safe space. Come for the coffee, stay because... it just feels right.

3 Thank madonna_doucette
New Glasgow, Canada
“GREAT coffee, nice atmosphere, treats to eat.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This coffee shop is two small rooms and one of the delightful things is that the espresso machine and all the other "business" is at the front when you walk in, but the seating is down a three step corridor into another room and is quiet, but the aroma of the coffee finds its way to the seating area. Run by two lovely people who take making coffee seriously. My wife and I are coffee snobs. It needs to look, smell and taste like coffee, not some commercial crap. They do coffee really, really well. My wife had a cranberry scone that she commented was exactly right. Tragically, the day we drove out of town and wanted a coffee fix for the road they were closed. We drove home with a memory of great coffee.

• Visited November 2013