“Great Spot for Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cup of Joy Cafe & Pantry - CLOSED

Cup of Joy Cafe & Pantry
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Cup of Joy Cafe & Catering, Your Full Service Bistro provides fresh, down home comfort food in a relaxed environment offering full breakfast all day and don't miss our specials of the day. Cup of Joy Cafe & Catering is in the business of Providing Food Service. Smaller events and meetings is our specialty! All of our food is made fresh and in house!
Dartmouth, Canada
“Great Spot for Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stopped in the other day and the place was quite busy. That didn't prevent me from being seated right away and tHe food was very quick as well. the staff is very friendly and the food was fresh, they said it was all made on site. I was even offered a blueberry lemon scone right out of the over after my meal, to try, kinda like the "test kitchen" which I thought was really neat. Try the soups and sandwiched, it's worth it! I'll be back.

• Visited August 2014

grey bruce
“Friendly place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The owner was very friendly and welcoming. Good breakfast place - not a greasy spoon, breakfast special place. Kids loved the breakfast sandwich and were able to share it.

Visited July 2014
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Eclectic, tasty food selection. Great for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stopped by here for a quick lunch on our way to Digby. The first thing you'll notice at the Cup of Joy is how friendly and helpful the staff is. The owner, Catherine(?), made us feel right at home and even offered a few suggestions off the menu for our little one.

I'm a vegetarian, which means most lunches away from home involve boring grilled vegetables or toast - not so at Cup of Joy! The avocado-grilled cheese is exquisite. In contrast, my husband simply loved his pulled pork sandwich.

Will definitely visit again if we're in the area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Excellent for a quick and delicious lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I were out running errands and were getting hangry (you know, so hungry you're angry, not a good way to be.) We didn't want anything greasy or artificial and we thought to stop in here.

I had a half sandwich and soup, my husband had a grilled sandwich of some type, and soup and a coffee.

My sandwich was delicious, I still drool over it. All white meat chicken breast on very fresh home made bread and the cranberry salsa was such a nice touch. The chicken soup came in a nice big bowl and was very tasty and piping hot, authentic home made too. My husband's grilled sandwich (which I don't see on the menu at this time) was hot and delicious.

The service was great, very friendly and quick even with everything being made as we ordered it.

The cafe is small but very clean, very nice inside.

It could be considered a little bit expensive, yes. We paid a little under $30 for this lunch. It was absolutely well worth it though! Delicious. Definitely will be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Wendy J
Sydney, Canada
“To Expensive for Breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

So this morning was a morning to treat myself to breakfast. I got a café mocha (which didn't come with whip cream) a breakfast sandwich (wasn't even on homemade bread - I'm sure it was wonder bread) and a piece of bark. It came to $18.50...yeah $18.50. The lady that owns the café is very nice and the place is clean...but come on, don't rob me of $20 for powdered chocolate milk mixed with a shot of espresso and a sandwich that doesn't even come with homemade bread. To expensive for not the best quality!

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
kfsams, Owner at Cup of Joy Cafe & Pantry, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Sir or Madam, we are very sorry your experience at Cup of joy was not wonderful. We do wish you would have come to us and told us you were dissatisfied and we would have made sure to rectify this right away. I have to let you know that we use only Homemade bread at our Cafe from Aucoin"s Bakery in Cheticamp. All of our ingredients are fresh and made fresh daily on site. Our Breakfast sandwiches are not pre-made they are made fresh to order. Our Cafe Mocha's are made with real hot chocolate, not a syrup, as well as we normally do not put whipped cream on this, but if you would have asked we definitely would have been happy to do so. Our customers are very important to us and we hope that you come back & try us again. I encourage all of our customers to come to us directly if they are not happy. Thank you again and we hope we see you soon!