“must try”

Cape Breton Island, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“must try”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

this is my favourite place to eat. great flavour, price and atmosphere. quick service. friendly staff. highly recommend eating at Lebonese Flower

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Margaret M

Cape Breton
“First visit but not my last!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Friends recommended this restaurant when we were discussing Lebanese food!
The location is obscure and I had not seen any advertising until after it was recommended!
It is tastefully decorated. Looks immaculate!
The server was clean and well groomed plus she was pleasant and efficient.
I tried the cheese and the beef fatayers; they were tasty.
The baklawa was rolled with some tasty filling. I prefer the square version with more filling. However, I must say the dessert was well presented.
Plan to take the out of town relatives to the restaurant soon. This time I will choose other items such as pitas (chicken shawarma), soup (lentil) or a salad (tabouli) and a ma'amoul (date, walnut or pistachio cookies) for dessert.
There is a much more extensive menu than I have mentioned.
Prices are reasonable.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RETIREDTRAVELLER06
Ontario
“Great food, love the hummus!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Friends recommended this little gem in Sydney on Dorchester street. Maybe it's the location - but I'd never seen it before, and we've lived here a few years now.

We ordered a couple of the plates, and some felafels, and were overall very impressed with the food. The portion size of the plates was huge - next time we'd simply split a plate between the two of us - especially if ordering a side as well.

The only odd thing about it was that when we opened up the food, each of the 'plates' had a handful of french fries just sitting on each side of the dish. Looking back at the menu I noticed that among the things included in a 'plate', like hummus and salad - were 'complimentary fries.' I'm not complaining - it just seems like an out-of-place addition to this type of food.

• Visited June 2013