“amazing hotel”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it is an amazing hotel. Staff, rooms, service and breakfast are all excellent. Decent gym and good place to run outside if you are a runner. The staff aer committed to making your stay most pleasant and are very accomodating.

Room Tip: I saty in the king suite and it is very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We really appreciate your kind words and the great review. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Krista Clarke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here on a few different occasions and always opted for a room with "2 Queen Beds" which was always very nice with a mini kitchenette with a microwave, fridge, sink, coffee maker, marble counters and a nice bathroom!

My husband had purchased a gift certificate which stated a "Deluxe King Suite" for our anniversary so we expected a little something extra compared to the regular "2 Queen Beds"...boy were we wrong! Stayed there this past weekend and our "Deluxe King Suite" was a joke compared to the regular "2 Queen Beds"...The lady at the desk told us she was giving us a nice harbour view, when we arrived we found our view to be a parking lot and the back of some buildings. There was a microwave and fridge but just on the same stand as the TV, nothing special like the "2 Queen Bedrooms" and our bathroom did not even have a bathtub, shower only!

Now don't get me wrong, if I would have never stayed in the "2 Queen Bedrooms" I probably would have thought that this room was just another normal hotel room (minus no tub). But the fact the we paid extra for a "Deluxe King Suite" is a joke!!!

Usually always stay here when in the area but will consider the Holiday Inn next time...if you do decide to stay don't waste your money on anything extra, just get a normal room!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharliesNovaScotia
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent Trip Advisor Review. We appreciate all feedback that we receive. We are terribly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to assist you in any way I can.

Thank you and once again, our sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

First time staying at this hotel. It was New Year's Eve and we had tickets to the dance at the MTCC. The room was large with a king bed and beyond large bathroom. They were extremely busy but no problem checking in. We needed a new iron because the one in the room was dirty, someone arrived with a replacement in less than 5 minutes. Even with all the excitement going on for that night we never heard a peep the entire night. It is a fantastic hotel and if you get the chance to dine at the restaurant across the pedway.. It's a must!! I have recommended it to everyone and will continue to do so. For Xmas I received a voucher for the "romance" package and can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Angela,

Thank you for your recent review. We are very appreciative that you took the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we sincerely hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed at Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Delta, etc., and this Hotel beats everyone of those hands down! I checked in at noon (early checkin NP) and was offred a complimentary beer...nice touch.
The room was huge and so clean and modern. There's a walk way to a local restaurant and the area is sort of commercial so there's NO STREET NOISE!
I was also suprised to find on the desk in my room a personal greeting card from manager, a complimntray pack of nuts, and a complimentary bottle of water with my companys logo on it.
Simply the best Hotel stay in my life for the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent Trip Advisor Review. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of our guests, however, when a corporate guests stays at our hotel, we like to provide them with some extra treats to show our sincere appreciation for their business.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and I were very tired after a busy weekend of a minor hockey. At the tournament in Glace Bay one of the hockey parents mentioned the Hampton Hotel. I am very grateful that she did as our overnight stay was great. Front desk staff were very friendly and professional. We called them just 10 minutes before our arrival and they had everything set up for us. Lovely accommodations, complementary drinks,and phoning us to check if our room was satisfactory. The hotel was actually beyond what I was expecting. A very pleasant place to be in. The complementary hot/cold breakfast is wonderful, enough choices to please everyone. I will be taking my family back again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor, it was very quite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelley D
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we would love the opporuntiy to welcome you back as a guest in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I travelled from Halifax for Christmas vacation. We had originally booked a room at the Marriott Hotel in Halifax, but heard very good reviews about your Hotel, so we decided to cancel our reservation at the Marriott and book the Romance Package at the Hampton. The staff were very nice but when I approached the desk our 3 little chocolates were handed to us. Our wine was not in our room because they did not ask what type of wine we preferred when the room was booked. When we checked our room, we noticed that there was no tub which would have been nice since it is suppose to be a romance package. Two hours after we checked into our room our wine arrived. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was horrible and we could here the room next door's television very clearly. My husband went to find a vending machine and there is only one, located on the second floor and it did not take bills which being on the sixth floor was an inconvenience. On a positive note, the staff were friendly and the room was clean. I was very disappointed with the Romance Package. There was nothing romantic about it. I was handed my 3 little chocolates at the front desk, no tub and our wine was delivered two hours after we checked in, which I might add tasted flat. It was a disappointment due to the fact I cancelled my plans in Halifax to stay at your hotel for a romantic getaway :(

• Stayed: December 2012

Good Afternoon,

Thank you and once again, our sincere apologies.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I grew up in the Shipyard area of Sydney but I stay at hotels when visiting these days as my father's house is a bit small to suddenly take on an additional family of 4 for an overnight stay. I have been staying at either the Holiday Inn (formerly the Delta) or the Cambridge Suites on the waterfront as they are both clean and modern. This will change.

For a recent family funeral, my brother pointed out the new Hampton Inn on the Memrbertou First Nation and we gave it a shot. The Hampton Inn only opened earlier this year and the rates were better than what I had been paying on the waterfront.

I was very pleased. The Hampton is more than suitable for a family stay. The pool is not too small, not too big and the water slide doesn't dump into the pool itself so if your kids are so inclined, having a pool full of people doesn't shut down the slide as well.

We had a double Queen bed room and my brother had a King sized bed room. Our room had a bit more room and had a nice counter with a second sink, large bar fridge, microwave and coffee machine. I don't think my brother's room had the counter area with the second sink like our room did.

The bed was very comfortable but it took me three nights to find the right pillow. I had been sleeping on a too hard pillow and it the resulting angle on my neck was uncomfortable all day. Once I found the right pillow (and they have several types in the room), I was fine.

The self serve breakfast was quite good. Spacious with lots of seating (still overrun on a Saturday morning) and a lot of selection. The obligatory self serve waffles, a different choice of hot dishes each day, disappointing made from concentrate juice dispenser (my son loved the ruby red grapefruit juice but I couldn't drink the apple), a selection of teas, and a comfortable and uncramped layout. Note the breakfast buffet did not have extended hours on the weekend so be careful of your morning timings.

A minus for me is they allow dogs in the hotel. This is a plus for some so make your own decision.

The hotel is located on the Membertou First Nations and is attached to their conference centre by a longish pedway - nicely decorated for Christmas. The restaurant in the conference centre is not busy and has a good selection at reasonable prices. Not a typical family restaurant but not ridiculously expensive either.

The hotel is convenient as long as you have a car. If you're on foot, it is no where near anything in Sydney other than what is in Membertou. The hotels on the waterfront allow you to walk about down town or on the boardwalk but those hotels are also a bit more expensive so govern yourself accordingly.

There is a gas station, small grocery store and a Tim Hortons within a short walk from the hotel.

The only disappointment with our stay is I'm not sure they vacuumed the room while we were there and we were there 4 nights. I know they didn't vacuum the second last day we were there and I don't think they cleaned the horizontal surfaces either. We were departing in the morning so I didn't even mention it to the desk staff as by the time we made it back to our room the last thing I wanted was to wait to have the room cleaned again. I'm sure they would have fixed it if we had identified it.

So the Hampton Inn is now my go to hotel for visiting Sydney. We always drive to Sydney so we have our car. My youngest son loved the pool and slide and as long as we get up early enough, the breakfast buffet is convenient and saves us paying for a restaurant breakfast (and I still haven't found a good breakfast restaurant in Sydney yet).

Room Tip: The double Queen rooms have a better fridge/microwave/sink counter than the single King rooms. The p...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor Review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting future stays.

Krista Clarke

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
1 mi away
At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn
Silver Dart Lodge
Silver Dart Lodge
#1 of 7 in Baddeck

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!