“Newest & Best hotel in Sydney”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great pool/water slide for the kids. The beds & rooms were great, the complimentary breakfast was good. I'll be staying here the next time I am in Sydney. Try Kiju's restaurant next door also really good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We strive for perfection and certainly look forward to hosting your next stay in Sydney.

Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was waiting for this location to open for a long time. I travel to Sydney quarterly and all of the other hotels are getting old and tired.

It's a two minute drive from downtown so if walking to appointments is your thing then this might be a hinderance. For me, I need to drive where ever I go so made little difference. To be honest, I would drive it anyways as it is that much nicer than any other option in town.

This Hampton is above and beyond for the price point and is by far the nicest hotel in Sydney.
There is no restaurant located in the Hotel itself but there is a wonderful restaurant and lounge in the adjacent convention center which is incredible, both in the menu and quality of food but almost aas important, price. It's a quick walk through a raised pedway.

Another advantage was, (for me and not the management I'm sure) was the fact that there were very few other guests while I was there. You could park where you wanted, the building was quiet. No line up at the hot breakfast which I found to be just the perfect start to my days.

I highly recommend this property and any of the others that the owner manages throughout the Maritime provinces. I've stayed at a few and they are all first rate.

Feel free to message me with questions.
Rick Mc

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review. Our staff prides themselves on exceeding guest expectations, and we really appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We look forward to hosting your next stay in Sydney.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Hampton Inn Membertou (Sydney) Nova Scotia is a brand new beautiful building.
Complimentary breakfast bar / Fitness centre / Pool and water slide / Spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th or 6th floor.
2  Thank Don K
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We just got back from spending two nights at the Hampton Inn in Membertou,NS....it is amazing! The hotel is very new and it is immaculate! Everything is so nicely decorated! The staff is amazing; they are all so helpful and willing to do anything to make your stay more pleasant.The people at the desk were able to offer maps and were able to answer anything we asked about the area. We received a call from the front desk the first evening we were there to make sure there was nothing we needed. One of the evenings were there I was asked by an manager(as I was getting my complimentary coffee....always available both decaf and regular and hot chocolate...flavoured creamers) if there was anything I needed and if I was enjoying my stay. We were especially impressed with the complimentary breakfast; it has both hot and cold choices. It is maintained by a lovely woman who keeps everything neat and tidy; she is pleasant and helpful. We saw her give out surprise bags to the younger kids eating their breakfast and handed out mints when we were done breakfast.
The rooms are beautifully decorated, and they are also immaculate. The beds are so comfortable....great showers....and even had a little kitchen.
We also enjoyed the pool....also so clean! The large number of windows make it so bright and cheerful. They have a great waterslide...that does not go into the main pool so if you are swimming you don't have to watch out for people coming down the slide.
We just can't say enough about this hotel!! We LOVED it! and would go back tomorrow!
Thanks so much to everyone that made our stay so wonderful....we hope to be back!

1  Thank Parri P

Thank you for your response Parri P! We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is working hard to ensure that every guest has a wonderful experience when they stay with us.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We just got home from 2 nights at this hotel. I have NOTHING but GREAT things to say!!!!! Everything was above and beyond!!! As soon as you enter the lobby you are greeted by friendly helpful staff and a beautiful & clean area! The pool was super fun with a great slide, Breakfast was beyond anything I have experienece at at hotel (with a very friendly and efficent staff lady), our room was beautiful! and we along with the kids very much enjoyed the free hot drinks all day in the loby area.
Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!!!
We recommend this very much and hope to go back!!!

1  Thank Amanda S

Thank you so much for your kind words Amanda S. We are very happy to know that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. We would love for you to visit with us again!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I stay at Hamptons Inn whenever we travel , we ride our Harley all over the US and Canada,and never have I seen such kindness. We pulled into Sydney on a rainy dreary day , and the Manager Jeff Boudreau was there to greet us personally and assured us it would be OK to leave our bike under the awning to save it from inclement weather ,and this where the friendly comes in...the storm produced winds well over 60km and the cover came undone and I was told by staff that it was Jeff himself that went outside in such terrible conditions to not only recover my bike ,but secured so well that it was saved from a terrible mess. This is dedication and friendliness at the highest level. If you're EVER in Sydney N.S. do your self a favor and be treated like Family by these wonderful folks, Jeff , The lovely Tina , Night men Troy and Arnie, what wonderful folk ..Thanx for making our stay the finest we have had yet!!!

Room Tip: All great rooms especially the 6th floor facing Sydney Harbor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. At the Hampton Inn, Sydney, we strive to ensure that every guest feels at home and that our entire staff works towards this goal. We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience during your visit with us and we look forward to hosting your next stay.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

The hotel was very nice and staff was nice however I stayed at the hotel for an extra night while on buisness to catch up on my sleep. I was awake the ENTIRE night with the excessive noise until 6am in the morning. If staying on the weekend and actually there to sleep I would suggest asking to stay on a floor that isnt accommodating wedding guests for example.

I have travelled the world and stayed at many hotels across Canada and this was by far my worst experience. I felt as though I was staying at a college dorm room as the noise was that excessive. I even felt uncomfortable at times during the late night with the amount of traffic going through the hallways.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

I am very disappointed that you did not get any sleep on the last night of your visit. After all, that is what we are selling here at the Hampton Inn.

We make our best efforts to isolate groups from individual travellers to prevent disturbances. Unfortunately we failed to accomplish this for you and for that we are deeply sorry!

At the Hampton Inn, we believe every guest should leave our hotel satisfied. That is why we stand by the 100% Hampton guarantee. If you did not sleep on your last night here then you should not pay!

Please give us a call so we can make this right for you!

Jeff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
1 mi away
At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn
Silver Dart Lodge
Silver Dart Lodge
#1 of 7 in Baddeck

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!