“Lunch visit”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #18 of 145 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Hamilton, Canada
“Lunch visit”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited this restaurant when I was in Sydney for a wedding. We had just gotten into town, from our flight from Toronto & were trying to figure out somewhere to stop for lunch. We spotted the Swiss Chalet & knew that was where we were going! We had a very friendly server, who got us seated & took our drink orders right away. I ordered a quarter chicken with fries & I think that the fries were among the best fries I have ever had from Swiss Chalet! Can't go wrong with Swiss Chalet!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank msgordon74

gb
“5 dollars for a cup of water is a little much, I'll drink out of the bathroom sink next time :P”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

There could have been a little more lighting, it was a little to dark for my liking. Our server was friendly, but kept asking us if we needed anything. I get that that's their job but.. Let us eat? I don't know. The drinks were too pricey, but overall it was pretty good food and I didn't go home hungry.

• Visited April 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Swiss Chalet mix-up”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Rather than eating in, which we have done previously a few times at this restaurant, we decided to carry out our order to take home. I think the order must have been too complicated for the staff, for when we got home several items were missing. When you spend $80 on an order you would think that they would try to get it right. We won't be ordering any more take out orders here any time soon.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Edwin F
Halifax, Canada
“Always Great”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The food at Swiss Chalet's across the province is always excellent, that's why we keep coming back. The price for the quality and quantity of food is excellent. Really nothing to complain about here!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rob H
Sydney, Canada
“Family Favorite”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Swiss Chalet is always a family favorite if we decide to go out for a birthday or anniversary dinner. They are quite capable of seating and serving a large party. The food is always fresh, fast, and delicious. I always like to try something new as an appetizer when I go, and am never dissapointed. We all love the classic rotisserie chicken dinner. You can never go wrong with it. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the staff is always patient and helpful. We love it there and will continue to love it for many years.

• Visited September 2012