“Just ok” 2 of 5 bubbles

Angus, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Although the service was good enough, I found the food below average. I have to say that their garlic toast was the worst thing I have ever tasted. And for the price, I've had much better. Sadly I won't be returning to this place. I wouldn't recommend this place, but you can decide on your own.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kitt5545

St. John's, Canada
“Worst Service I've EVER Encountered”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Okay, you're gonna hear all kinds of reviews raving about the food in this place but the fact is the quality really depends on what you order here. For example, the three other people in my party were satisfied with their orders of steak, fish and chowder while my $12.99 chicken stir fry was made from what tasted like boxed frozen chicken and frozen vegetables consisting primarily (and overwhelmingly) of broccoli stumps. Definitely the worst stir fry I've ever had. But the food is not why I was prompted to write this review. No, no, is the was the SERVICE.

...Or should say lack thereof? The waitress was the absolute RUDEST I've ever encountered, she stood still only long enough to take our order and we had to flag her down THREE times in order to get three coffees because she would dump one coffee and take off before anyone else had a chance to ask for a coffee as well; all she had to do was stand still long enough the first time or ask the simple question, " can I get anything for anyone else?" and one trip would have been sufficient. Someone in my party had a filthy fork, she told the waitress about it and the waitress proceeded to SNATCH all of the cutlery off of the table (mine was snatched right out of my hand as I about to use it) and went into the kitchen yelling at some poor lad, before coming back and practically throwing the cutlery at us. In all my years dining out, I've never seen anything quite like this... "display." Also, there was this guy.... the guy who, our "chipper" waitress had informed us, would be taking our drink orders. He came back to the table 3 times within 5 minutes and when we asked for coffee, he stormed off and didn't come back. The emphasis is obviously on the "PUB" in this place. I regularly eat at bar and grill combos and have found them to be excellent, this behaviour is way out of line.

So, basically, if you don't mind being treated with absolute contempt, eating hit or miss food that you probably have in your freezer at home, enjoy dirty dishes, dirty looks and just plain DIRT for service, then by all means eat at Ziggy's Pub and Grill in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

• Visited July 2013
sydney
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was probably the third time I have eaten there, this time I was compelled to tell people to stay away. Last Saturday a group of 6 went there. We all ordered fries and wings. There were 6 tiny wings, that must have come from some deformed chicken as there was no meat on them. The fries were piled up, ice cold and you could tell they had been re fried in grease more then once! Stay away unless you are close to an emergency room!!! The service as always was horrible, pleasantness is NOT this waitresses forte!! The Bobby Currie band was excellent!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank honeste58
Sydney, Canada
“Rushed Service and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Ziggy's is a regular place for good pub food. It very inconsistent place with the crowds, which makes the service seem rushed even when it isn't that busy. The weekend often draws a large crowd for people to hear the band, and the place gets packed very quickly. The servers always seem to be talking in high speed and running away from you mid sentence. If you don't mind feeling like you are being pushed out the door, the food is worth it. There are daily specials, which are worth it. The steak is good. My favorite is the homemade chicken fingers. Their french fries are also homemade and tasty. For a casual night out for some drinks and dinner with friends or family, Ziggy's is the place to go!

• Visited February 2013
Sydney, Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

By far one of the top 5 restaurants in sydney! This is a restaurant we go to regularly and always enjoy. We haven't had anything on the menu we didn't enjoy. Family favourite would be the Irish nacho's!

1 Thank capergirl36