“Cold Food Bad Service”

East Side Mario's
Ranked #47 of 147 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I went there and service was very slow. it was mid afternoon it was not overly busy. Waitress spilled my whole pop all over my White Shirt. and it was more of a joke then her caring. spilt the pop all over my food as well nothing was replaced. other then the pop. No Credit or discount was done for the mess she caused. asked for Manager none working.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Ordered pulled pork sandwich... took long time for it to come and when it did the filling was cold. Notified waitress who took it back, when it came back it was too hat to pick up, obviously put in microwave as it took only a few min to return with same sandwich... lettuce, tomato slices and were a soggy mess as was the bread. I declined an alternative else as my partner would have already been finished and it had taken quite awhile for it to come back. I called the manager and explained. was put on hold while he talked to staff, was told waitress was under the impression I was in a hurry... (never gave her that impression.) ... she asked them to nuke it. She told us her was surprized they did not make a new one..Manager "apologized" if you could call it ... basically sided with waitress and said all he could base it on was what his staff said ????? My partners Philly steak sandwich was soso... presentation was fair and fries were skimpy and overcooked, They did not take time to remove several charred fries before serving them.. have eaten at numerous East Side Marios in Canada and it was disappointing. What about the customer? I did not call to get a free meal , but to inform him if the way sandwiches were being prepared. He needs a course in customer service. Wont eat there again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I really enjoyed the meal I had at East Side Mario's, The atmosphere of the restaurant was decent and the service was very friendly. However, the meals were way too pricey in comparison to other restaurants that have similar or better meals and for three people, the bill ended up being close to 80 dollars! One of the other person's I was with did not like her meal as it was too spicey and the other person said his meal was "alright". I will say that there was plenty of food - all-you-can-eat choice of soup or salad and garlic bread plus the main course but still a bit much to pay for a casual meal.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I came to Sydney this past weekend with a large group and the staff were wonderful!
We made a reservation short notice for 18 people on a Friday night, and they were ready for us! Everyone was friendly and whenever they came to our table they would laugh and joke with us. Service was fast, which was fantastic because we sure were hungry!
My only compliant would be we would have liked to sit together but it was expected we wouldn't because it was short notice.
Would definitely come back next time I'm in the area.

1  Thank Kelsey P
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was a little surprised at the level of service and the quality of the food. As a franchise operation ,found in many areas of the Maritimes, you expect a "familiar" level of service. That didn't happen here. I was quite disappointed in the service and the food. That being said I must allow that If this particular East Side Mario,s was striving to reach "average" then they nailed it!