“Excellent Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allegro Grill and Deli - CLOSED

Allegro Grill and Deli
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bathurst, Canada
“Excellent Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We saw good reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to try this restaurant for supper while travelling in the Sydney area. It was an excellent experience. Staffers Michelle and Katie were very helpful and it was an excellent experience. My hubby ordered the Seafood Jambalaya which he thought was outstanding and I had a "night special" (chicken dish) which was also very good. We would recommend this location and we will definitely return on our next visit to the area.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MJP695rue

Halifax, Canada
“A nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were looking for a place for lunch while visiting Sydney. Went to Allegro just because the name suggested good food. We had a clubhouse panini and a Moroccan lamb burger. Both were outstanding. The panini was huge; you could eat half for lunch and have the second half for supper. The fries were well done (as in dark and crispy), just how I like them. This was a pleasant lunch surprise. I'll be back.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Terence D
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice spot for reasonable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably pleasant and very casual. Ordered the Moroccan lamb burger and it was very, very good. Good advice from server on adding feta cheese and mayo....perfect. Would go back for a lunch anytime.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank happytoretire
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My impression of Allegro is of a moderately priced gourmet restaurant. The menu is limited but the items on it are an interesting mix. Some of the soups and salads are a la carte. Portions are modest, but filling, and are prepared with considerable skill. Ingredients are high quality and the flavors excellent. Highly praised by family members are the lamb burger and the exceptional lemon flan dessert. Finally, kudos to the wait staff. Our server, Katie, went out of her way to make our dining experience memorable. For example, when I asked for unsweetened ice tea, which they don't normally serve, she brewed hot tea and brought it to me chilled and iced. The bill for my family averaged about CAD 33 per person with a couple of shared appetizers and desserts. So Allegro is not budget dining, but I consider it reasonable for gourmet food. Recommended.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Rot H
“Great food for gluten free diets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I always love going to Allegro. The food is excellent and the service is professional, well informed and friendly. I have to eat gluten free and can always trust that they serve food that suits my diet perfectly.

• Visited August 2013